Shipping & Receiving Specialist Featured
- , Auckland New Zealand
- Job ID
Shipping Receiving Specialist job at Boeing in Auckland
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing New Zealand is a leading solutions provider of aftermarket supply-chain management services for the aerospace and defense industries and is the largest subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Aviall has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do culture with the backing of one of the world’s best companies, Boeing.
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Specialist to join our team in Auckland , NZ.
The Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Specialist provides support by assisting with all receipt, dispatch and related support activities. Successful applicants will have experience in material management, warehousing, booking freight, use of plant and manual handling equipment.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Receipt, storage, handling, packaging & shipping and issuing of inventory at the warehouse facility.
- Lift and carry cartons weighing up to 35 lbs. And manage cartons in excess of 35 lbs. utilizing available safety tools.
- Places parts in proper location after identifying and verifying part numbers
- Uses a utility cart, identifies cartons by part number, uses a computer or laptop, cart, cycle counts product, hand scanner and PC.
- Picking and filling orders using a laptop computer or hand scanner.Print and batch pick tickets and prepare warehouse pull and return.
- Load and off-load material to/from delivery truck, sort reconcile, enter information into ERP system, prepare for counting process
- Matches paperwork to box and prepares orders for billing/shipping.
- Relocate items between office and warehouse as required. Organise and manage contractors to relocate large items.
To be successful you will have:
- 2-4 years of related work experience, warehouse experienced preferred
- Ability to lift and carry cartons weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to manage cartons in excess of 35 lbs. utilizing available safety tools.
- Ability to fluently, read, write and speak English.
- Experience in operating material handling equipment
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Current valid driver’s license with clean driving record (at sites where driving forms part of the role).
- Ability to stand and walk on cement floors for long periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be detailed oriented, efficient, and able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Experience in international shipping and distribution
- Previous experience in the receipt and dispatch of goods and services A strong commitment to WH & S policies and procedures
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn with a "can do" attitude
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing New Zealand is an Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.