AH 64E Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer Featured
- Middle Wallop, England United Kingdom
- Job ID
AH 64E Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer job at Boeing in Middle Wallop England
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As part of the delivery of the UK MoD (Ministry of Defence) AH-64E Apache Attack Helicopter Long Term Training and Technical Support (LTTSS) contract, Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is looking for a AH-64E Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer to provide Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publication (MRP) compliant support to the AH-64E Military Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (Mil CAMO).
The BDUK AH-64E Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer will provide direct assistance to the BDUK AH-64E Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer and British Army AH-64E Mil CAMO, with the undertaking of CAMO activities specific to those air systems allocated to BDUK at Army Aviation Centre (AACen) Middle Wallop, undergoing flying training, maintenance, modification and flight test activity associated with provision of the LTTSS contracted activities.
As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible and virtual working arrangements, benefits packages, employee incentive programmes and study assistance, as well as the potential for international travel. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to advise and support your development throughout your career with us.
The role is responsible to the multi-platform BDUK Continuing Airworthiness Manager and the BDUK AH-64E Lead Continuing Airworthiness Management Engineer for:
- Being part of the Continuing Airworthiness (CAw) Management Support Team based at AACen Middle Wallop, which is the main point of contact for the Boeing-contracted MRP Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) for CAw Management requirements on a day to day basis.
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement of BDUK CAw Management Support activities in accordance with the AH-64E CAME (Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition) and within the boundaries of the LTTSS contract terms.
- Support the Mil CAMO in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of CAw Management processes applicable to BDUK LTTSS activity, in accordance with the AH-64E CAME.
- Assist the BDUK AH-64E Lead CAw Management Support Engineer in liaising between the Mil CAMO and the AMO in Middle Wallop, maintaining oversight of all related CAMO activities, aircraft maintenance and modifications, and ensuring that an accurate flow of information is maintained.
- Provide technical and process compliance support to the BDUK AMO in Middle Wallop, in accurately understanding and applying all applicable, relevant, and appropriate BDUK and Customer CAw Processes and Maintenance Orders, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Support the development and maintenance of the AH-64E Part M Interface Control Document (ICD), outlining the business interfaces in place between the AH-64E Mil CAMO and Boeing-contracted MRP Part 145 AMO, in undertaking Part M delegated activities.
- Assisting other BDUK functions and capabilities that support the execution of the AH-64E Mil Continuing Airworthiness Manager’s (Mil CAM) Part M responsibilities.
- Support CAMO Assurance and Surveillance Quality Audits against BDUK AMO, proposing, discussing and executing Corrective Actions Plans.
- Ensure the accurate and proper use of the BDUK QMS (Quality Management System).
- Ensure that the BDUK AH-64E CAw Management Support Team remain MRP compliant and have a positive contribution to the AH-64E Mil CAM’s approvals.
- Attend relevant BDUK weekly Safety Meetings to review Occurrence Reports (ORs); support the BDUK MSO (Maintenance Safety Official) and the Safety Team in undertaking investigations on OR’s with CAw implications, proposing and discussing further actions and follow-up with the Mil CAMO as the need arises.
- Ensure the accurate use of the BDUK SMS (Safety Management System).
- Attend relevant Customer Meetings representing Boeing.
- Supervising any planned or short term changes in Customer requirements and the use of the Apache 64E fleet to sustains delivery of BDUK CAw Support.
Preferred Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Engineering background. Qualifications: UK HND / HNC / Undergraduate Degree or international equivalent titles.
- Previous Civil or Military service CAMO experience.
- Experience in the application of processes and culture in an aircraft operations environment.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of UK MAA Regulations, UK MoD Airworthiness policies, or other regulations issued by national Military / Civil Aviation Authorities, EDA (European Defence Agency), EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency), FAA (Federal Aviation Regulation).
- Able to optimally execute opportunities to improve internal and external processes and business plans.
- Able to engage with different stakeholders, identifying obstacles, and coordinating with the appropriate internal and external leaders and team members to optimally resolve issues.
- Possess knowledge of MMS (aircraft Maintenance Management Systems).
- Technical knowledge and experience on the Apache aircraft type.
- Technical knowledge and experience on other rotary wing aircraft.
- UK MoD Form 700 Series knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate experience in the application of Air Safety Standards and safe operating practices.
- An understanding of UK Aviation DDH (Delivery Duty Holder) requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems including AS9100.
- Knowledge and experience in aircraft occurrences Safety Investigations.
- UK Professional Registration (Incorporated Engineer or higher) or international equivalent.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively on the planning and execution of work.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to acquire Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Security Clearance: Willingness and eligibility to undergo and acquire a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE is required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Virtual Work Option: Hybrid.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.