Mission Planning Senior Software Engineer Featured
- Williamtown, New South Wales Australia
- Job ID
Mission Planning Senior Software Engineer job at Boeing in Williamtown New South Wales
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An opportunity exists for a Software Engineer to become part of Boeing Defence Australia (BDA). As a Software Engineer you will be a key part of the Division supporting Airborne Early Warning & Control (AEW & C) capabilities and specifically, projects within the Ground Systems, based in Williamtown, NSW.
BDA is dedicated to providing a diverse and flexible work environment so that we can recruit and retain the best talent. As such, we would welcome applications for Full Time, Part Time and flexible work arrangements.
BDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Full stack application development
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Provide assistance with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, specifications, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develop and maintain existing software applications by analysing and identifying areas for modification to meet new requirements or to remove technical debt
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop automated unit tests
- Assist with the development of software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Assist in the creation of estimates, plans, schedules and corrective action.
- Perform peer code reviews
- Maintain compliance and contribute to coding standards
- Create and maintain development and deployment automation processes
- Conduct software performance analysis and performance tuning
- Work closely with other staff such as project managers, technical leads, system engineers, testers and other developers
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and reading online resources.
- Investigate new technologies
- Working in a collaborative software development environment under the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Proven work experience in software engineering
- Experience developing software in C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Experience with GUI development particularly in Winforms and WPF
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases
- Experience in XML-related technologies
- Ability to communicate with clients, colleagues and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- The ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage your own workload
- Career motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
- An ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
Please note, this role will be shortlisted in January 2022, we appreciate your patience.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.