F 22 Aircraft Modification Team Member Electrician Featured
- Elmendorf Afb, Alaska
- Job ID
F 22 Aircraft Modification Team Member Electrician job at Boeing in Elmendorf AFB AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services is looking for a F-22 Aircraft Modification Team Member - Electrician based out of JB Elemendorf-Richardson (JBER), AK.
- Mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft electrical components of moderate difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures manuals
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair,
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory
- Must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers
- Working knowledge of technical publications
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 2 + years aircraft maintenance experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience launching, recovering, repairing, and servicing military fighter aircraft F-15, F-16, F-18, A-10, F-22, F-35
- 3 years aircraft maintenance experience
- 1 year 5th generation aircraft maintenance experience
- Experience maintaining aircraft electrical systems
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting aircraft avionics systems.
High school diploma or GED and typically 3 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position is variable shift.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.