Associate level Machine and Sheet Metal Planner 2nd shift Featured
- Auburn, Washington
- Job ID
Associate level Machine and Sheet Metal Planner 2nd shift job at Boeing in Auburn WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our employees share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting-edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a 2nd Shift Machine and Sheet Metal Planner to support Fabrication to join our team in Auburn, WA.
A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics, and directly supporting the production system. We need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
- Develops, implements, and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions, and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
- Assists with the development and integration of suppliers, processes, materials, data, and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Assists in reviewing supplier data to ensure manufacturing-related requirements are met. Identifies tooling requirements and initiates tooling orders based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Assists in tooling dispositions.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing-related issues of limited scope.
- Assists with producibility assessments for part or product designs.
- Assists in providing input to design, manufacturing processes, and manufacturing technologies to meet costs and schedules.
- Develops work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
- Assists in the review, maintenance, and monitoring of internal documents.
- Works under general supervision.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Associate’s Degree or higher in related discipline AND 1 or more years of related work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1 or more years of experience working in a production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PDM, CAPP or CMES.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years related work experience, etc.).
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for 2nd shift.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.