Mid Level Systems Engineer Featured
- Houston, Texas
- Job ID
Mid Level Systems Engineer job at Boeing in Houston TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing International Space Station (ISS) Program organization is seeking energetic Mid-Level Systems Engineers to lead the ISS sustaining engineering teams, providing support to ISS on-orbit operations. This position offer a unique opportunity to lead fast-paced teams working complex technical challenges in support of human spaceflight. Mission Evaluation Room (MER) Managers interact with all levels of management and engineering in the NASA ISS program, Boeing ISS program, NASA Engineering, NASA Flight Operations, and NASA Payloads organization. This position requires an individual with excellent communication, technical integration, and relationship-building skills. This position will be located in Houston, Texas.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Performs analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics is required.
- Capability to work rotating shifts during ISS missions and to be on call during non-shift periods
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with the integrated ISS vehicle including subsystems and the interaction between those subsystems
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
NASA Safety Sensitive:
This is a NASA safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.