Supply Support Manager Airpower Teaming System Featured
- Melbourne, Victoria Australia
- Job ID
Supply Support Manager Airpower Teaming System job at Boeing in Melbourne Victoria
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Were seeking a highly experienced senior logistician to join Boeings Supply Chain Management Planning team. Supporting the dynamic Airpower Teaming System autonomous aircraft program. The role is to provide supply chain team leadership across planning, contracts, and supplier management areas as we develop and grow this next-generation capability. Location flexibility will be considered.
- Manage and mentor cross-functional supply chain teams conducting program activities and improvement initiatives, in line with company strategy.
- Ensure Supply Chain is fully integrated from the Production requirements through to Vendor Management requirements.
- Promote our continued drive for supply chain excellence, focusing on contract performance, governance, continuous improvement, safety and quality.
- Apply technical expertise and communication skills to overcome novel challenges.
- Develop supply chain solutions for new business campaigns, coordinating inputs to response documentation.
- Build and sustain positive relationships, influence key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Provide independent logistics guidance and advice to programs and leaders.
- Assist with the engagement, growth and sustainable performance of suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver on business commitments.
- Assist with establishing Warehouse layout and design
- Assist in defining Sustainment Strategy
- Development of logistics recruitment plan
- Demonstrable expertise and agility working within dynamic global supply chains.
- Tertiary qualifications and 10+ years logistics work experience, or equivalent combination.
- Defence supply chain and Foreign Military Sales knowledge a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams inside and beyond supply chain services environments.
- Experience engaging with and managing subcontractors and contract managers.
- Good working knowledge of Import, Export and Global Trade Control policies including ITAR.
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements to Negative Vetting 1 (Secret) level.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nations most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. Were committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thats welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.