Avionics Manager Urgent
- Aiken, South Carolina
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Avionics Manager job at Carolina Turbine Support in Aiken SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Avionics Manager is responsible for the supervisory functions of the Avionics team, managerial duties and sales, as well as to perform avionics/electronics duties on aircraft. The Avionics Manager will be able to teach subordinates to perform the removal/installation of avionics components, fabricate wire harnesses, perform avionics system installations, make wire terminations, perform wiring ring-outs, and perform functional tests of avionics systems. Must have previous experience with Garmin products as well as be able to troubleshoot with minimal error the most complex avionics and Cabin Management Systems (CMS).
- At least 10 years verifiable experience as an Avionics Lead Technician/Supervisor/Manager with a licensed FAA 145 Repair Station that focuses on GA/Corporate aircraft.
- Must have proven leadership experience in a FAA Part 145 Repair Station.
- Must have held an FAA Repairman’s Certificate or current FAA A&P license. A&P Preferred.
- Must have prior experience with Garmin product (installs, troubleshooting, mods)
- Must be able to conduct troubleshooting and functional testing of advanced electronics systems.
- Must be able to interpret and understand aircraft system drawings, wiring diagrams, maintenance manuals, blueprints, and complex certification paperwork.
- Experience working on Mitsubishi MU-2, Citation and TBM preferred.
- Degree or certificate from an accredited two (2) year college, university or technical school in avionics maintenance or electronics required or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- All applicants must be able to pass a Drug screen.
- Thorough working knowledge of FAA regulations.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Carolina Turbine Support Company Overview
Carolina Turbine Support (CTS), located on the field at the Aiken Municipal Airport (KAIK) in Aiken, South Carolina, has over 30 years of experience in supporting the Mitsubishi MU-2 Turboprop aircraft. As an authorized Mitsubishi MU-2 Service Center, we offer expanded maintenance, avionics, and interior capabilities to MU-2 owners in the Southeastern United States, in addition to handling your MU-2 part and accessory requirements. Our expanded staff of certified technicians has extensive experience working on the MU-2 series aircraft and TPE331 engines, and our facility is equipped with specialized tooling designed to keep labor costs to a minimum. Carolina Turbine Support is also a well established avionics shop, a Garmin, L3, Mid Continent Dealer as well as a distribuitor for FDS, Sandel, Aspen, S-Tec, Century and Avidyne. With capabilities to work on aircraft that range from mid size jets to single engine piston aircraft. Experience Aiken's Southern Hospitality as you visit historic downtown Aiken with its unique and sundry shops and sample southern and international cuisine at a variety of local dining establishments. Experience Aiken's world-renowned equestrian events. Enjoy excellent fishing on close-by, beautiful Lake Thurmond for some of the best striper/hybrid fishing in the southeast. If you're in the mood to hit the links, Aiken is home to many golf courses including the Aiken Golf Club, one of Aiken's oldest and finest courses, which is only minutes away from CTS. Aiken's proximity to Charleston, Hilton Head, Savannah, and Ashville, lends itself to an easy day or overnight trip to these famous southern cities.