UH60 Aircraft Mechanic II Featured
- Ft Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 - $120,000.00
- Job ID
UH60 Aircraft Mechanic II job at Cherokee Nation Businesses in Ft Indiantown Gap PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Aircraft Mechanic II will be responsible for the support of all H-60 maintenance, Maintenance Test Flight (MTF), Functional Check Flights (FCF) and recovery of aircraft at remote location to include riding as a passenger in the aircraft to perform maintenance as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Maintain aircraft assigned to Ft. Benning, Georgia to include contingency or as necessary, operations at other locations.
- Maintain aircraft assigned to Ft. Benning, Georgia during the following maintenance situations (I.E. daily flight operations, daily scheduled maintenance, daily unscheduled maintenance, Backshop support, Phase maintenance, and all SOF, and AMAM message requirements)
- Perform all maintenance I/A/W appropriate Maintenance Manuals (I.E. Technical Manual (TM), AVUM Level, AVIM Level, DEPOT Level’s, MEC’s, Safety of Messages (SOF), AMAM messages).
- Responsible for maintaining the aircraft assigned in safe, reliable and flyable condition.
- Perform all required services, inspections and maintenance I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals, to ensure airframe structure, engine, and component serviceability in a timely manner.
- Perform functional checks of fuel, hydraulic, engines, avionics and electro-environmental systems I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
- Perform Pre and Post flight inspections, to include cleaning and servicing aircraft I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
- Required to rig, adjust, and track & balance aircraft systems I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot deficiencies affecting aircraft flyable condition I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain aircraft maintenance records I/A/W DA Pam 738-751 in the ULLS-A system. To include the following modules: aircraft logbook module, backshop module, phase module.
- Ensure that all maintenance is properly preformed and documented I/A/W DA Pam 738-751, Quality Assurance requirements, TMs, MECs, SOFs, AMAMs, and all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Be proficient in all aspects of the ULLS-A automated system in the following: aircraft logbook module, backshop module, phase module and supply module.
- Maintain aircraft publications and documents in a current revision status.
- Perform research with the appropriate maintenance manuals and order repair parts in ULLS-A supply module required for completing maintenance I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals.
- Perform daily status updates of parts on order and ensure the proper documentation of the parts order number in the logbook module and backshop module and update backshop module statuses.
- Turn in parts into supply with proper documentation I/A/W DA Pam 738-751.
- Notify Maintenance Manager/PC Lead/Quality inspector of any parts that require a Quality Deficient Report (QDR).
- Perform daily inventories of tools I/A/W Aerospace Maintenance tool control procedure.
- Use general Aviation standards for tool usages during the performance of all maintenance procedures.
- Maintain common and special tools in a safe and serviceable condition per general Aviation standards.
- Report unserviceable tools and equipment to the PC lead and Maintenance Manager.
- Be able to work with other Mechanics, Leads, Quality Inspectors, Supply, Managers, Customers, and Tech Representatives to complete all tasks assigned.
- Comply with all established policies, procedures, and standards of the Contract and Aerospace Maintenance (I.E. EH&S, Quality, Physical Security, and General housekeeping standards).
- Assist in maintaining a clean, safe work environment I/A/W local policies and environmental protection standards. Clean as you go work policy.
- Understand and follow the site Quality Policy, and endeavor to meet the Site Quality objectives regarding customer satisfaction and quality of work.
- Meet or exceed all Company, Post, State, and Federal HAZMAT requirements and regulations.
- Comply with all Aerospace Maintenance training requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of good customer relations.
- Operate vehicles, both special purpose and regular as requires and trained and licensed to perform assigned duties.
- Perform advanced aircraft structural repairs during maintenance I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals and blue prints.
- Perform schedule inspections of aircraft structural I/A/W appropriate maintenance manuals and blue prints.
- Perform Modification Work Orders (MWO) to the aircraft airframe and components I/A/W appropriate MWO and blue prints.
- Perform work in the sheet metal back shop.
- Administrative concerns or issues that are not private in nature should be addresses through the PC Lead to the Maintenance Manager.
- Report all Personal Safety, Aircraft Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, and customer concerns to Management immediately.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
No supervisory or management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED Tech school trained and I.E. Military/AP/Aviation Tech School 2 years Aviation maintenance experience. Preferred 2 years of military experience on UH-60L/M series (15T) or FAA A&P
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work overtime and possibly on short notice.
- Must pass Pre-Employment Physical. To include a drug screen.
- Must be able to work inside and outside in all environmental conditions day, night, sunny, cloudy, rainy, snowy, cold climate and hot climate.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Avionics experience required.
- UH-60 Blackhawk experience required.
Work will be performed in environments including extreme temperatures, hazardous materials, loud noises, smoke, etc.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster | EEO is the Law Supplement
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster
EPPA English | EPPA Spanish
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster
FMLA English | FMLA Spanish
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
This Organization participates in E-verify/Esta Organizacion participa en E-Verify. E-Verify Participation Poster
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Apply online or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherokee Nation Businesses Company Overview
Cherokee Nation Aerospace & Defense is a contract manufacturer and integrator of electro-mechanical assemblies, including distribution, kitting and the manufacturing of cable and wire harness assemblies. The CNAD manufacturing team is experienced with projects that require expertise in medium to complex integration of ground support, test, flight hardware and armament systems. CNAD is ISO9000:2000 and AS 9100 certified and can serve as a prime contractor on Department of Defense contracts or as a sub-contractor to large aerospace primes. CNAD has the unique ability to team with other Cherokee owned tribal companies or partner with other companies to accommodate large complex contract opportunities. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNAD is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.