Aerospace Engineering Manager Featured
- Corona, California
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineering Manager job at Circor International in Corona CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
LOCATION: Corona CA
DIRECT REPORTING: Quality Manager
About CIRCOR Aerospace and Defense
CIRCOR Aerospace and Defense is focused on the design development and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft including single and twin aisle air transport business and regional jets military transports and fighters and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft shipboard applications and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona California; Warren Massachusetts; Hauppauge New York; Paris France; Uxbridge UK; and Tangier Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace and Defense is headquartered in Corona California.
The senior quality engineer shall support the business in the areas of new product development lean implementation process capability improvement daily production support project management technical data interpretation/analysis (engineering drawings specifications technical publications component maintenance manuals purchase orders etc.) and quality system management.
- Interface with customer Quality representatives on all Quality-related issues and activities. RCCA Concession submittals and Quality Clinic
- Drive manufacturing process capability improvements through variation reduction error-proofing and implementation of statistical process control.
- Collect and analyze quality data to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement of products and processes.
- Provide leadership on problem solving teams to drive root cause analysis and Corrective/Preventive Action (CAPA) plans.
- Represent Quality department on the New Product Introduction (NPI) teams. Perform contract review and drive design-for-quality activities.
- Review and approve First Article Inspection reports per AS9102.
- Perform Purchase Order review for existing and legacy programs.
- Review customer Source Control Drawings Specifications and Quality requirements.
- Manage major program manufacturing process qualification.
- Support Supplier Quality Engineering for supplier quality development.
- Validate and respond to Corrective and Preventive Action Requests (CAR/PAR) from both internal and external customers.
- Witness the tear down and evaluation of the customer-returned products in the MRO area.
- Participate on Material Review Board (MRB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB) processes.
- Develop process flow charts/diagrams and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Create statistically valid control plans for manufacturing processes.
- Use lean and six sigma tools to drive process and product variation reduction.
- Conduct and participate in the internal and external quality system process and product audits.
- Provide technical leadership to inspection team members.
- Support product/process certifications and approvals.
- Develops monitors and analyzes product/process trend data in order to optimize manufacturing performance and minimize product and process variability and associated production costs.
- Develops and establishes problem/process root cause and definitive corrective action plans necessary to reduce Scrap Rework and Repair costs.
- Coordinates / makes modifications to existing procedures production processes engineering specifications and inspection techniques/plans/procedures. Monitors results necessary to validate improvements.
- Develops product quality plans and inspection methodologies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Quality Management.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Experience: Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in aerospace quality and manufacturing. Experience in blueprint reading and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T). Experience with various raw materials and manufacturing and quality inspection processes (machining heat treating anodizing painting NDT etc.). Experience with flight critical components/systems is a plus.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization?s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Proven business/technical writing presentation planning problem solving organizational project management and judgement skills.
- Understanding of government contract requirements.
- Understanding of major aerospace prime customer requirements.
- Familiar with FAA Repair Station regulations and requirements.
- Six sigma tools and methodology; green belt or black belt experience is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing practices to improve product/process quality.
- Excellent problem solving skills aimed at identifying and correcting the root causes of problems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of problem solving tools: 5-Whys Failure mode and effects analysis 8-D Pareto fault tree analysis and Ishikawa diagrams.
- Aerospace Quality Management Systems: ISO 9001 AS9100 AS9110 FAR 21 FAR 145 and Nadcap requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement statistically valid control plans and audit plans
- Working ability of inspection metrology and proper application of automated measuring equipment
- Excellent understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to create and/or review failure analysis reports and perform dimensional tolerance stack up analyses
- Experience in industrialization processes such as PPAP PVI (DVI) with FAI per AS9102
- Thorough understanding of Word Excel Power Point Visio Project and other application software
Education: Bachelor of Science degree in technical field ASQ or extensive verifiable experience in lieu of degree. Master of Science is a plus.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of Females / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: aeroelasticity aerospace engineer air craft aircraft aviation flight pilot space craft waterjet water jet
Circor International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.