Director Flight Standards Featured
- Knoxville, Alabama
- Job ID
Director Flight Standards job at Cirrus Aircraft in Knoxville AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cirrus Aircraft s Mission is to deliver an aviation experience that is the pinnacle of innovation quality and safety to our customers. Cirrus Aircraft is the recognizedgloballeader in personal aviation and the maker of the best-selling SR Series piston aircraft and the Vision Jet the world s first single engine Personal Jet and recipient of the 2017 Robert J. Collier Trophy. Founded in 1984 the company has redefined performance comfort and safety in aviation with innovations like the Cirrus Airframe Parachute System (CAPS ) the first FAA-certified whole-airframe parachute safety system included as standard equipment on an aircraft. To date worldwide flight time on Cirrus aircraft has passed nine million hours and over 170 people have returned home safely to their families as a result of the inclusion of CAPS as a standard feature on all Cirrus aircraft. Find out more atcirrusaircraft.com .
Cirrus offers a competitive benefits package and is dedicated to the advancement of general aviation. The Cirrus Flying Club offers employees and their family members the unique opportunity to obtain their private pilot s license in the comfort of a Cirrus or rent a Cirrus for an impromptu adventure at a greatly reduced rate. We are committed to investing in the future of our employees and company by offering professional development and career progression opportunities and we engage employees by offering several employee and family events throughout the year as well as the opportunity to take part in activity clubs and community events.
The primary objective of the Director of Flight Standards is to drive learning engagement with Cirrus owners and pilots that promotes the safe utilization of Cirrus products around the world. The Director leads a training development team that facilitates a world class flight training experience through the development maintenance and deployment of industry leading training courseware courses and supporting materials for all models of Cirrus Aircraft. The Director is responsible to ensure that training courseware is developed and maintained in accordance with applicable regulations as necessary to support the aircraft s entry into service in the global markets served including ensuring compliance and adherence to training specifications for the FAA 142 Training Center. The Director will develop and carry out development projects that are aligned with Cirrus strategic priorities and leverage stakeholder input to define training needs and project requirements. The Director will lead of team consisting of learning systems experts subject matter experts and developers. The Director will work closely and collaboratively with counterparts in Sales and Marketing Engineering Flight Operation Information Technologies and Media Productions to plan and execute training projects. The Director will plan and manage project and operational budgets along with revenue associated with Cirrus Approach. The Director position is offered and based at Cirrus Aircraft s Vision Center in Knoxville Tennessee.
Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Equip and engage Cirrus owners and pilots with a world-class flight training experience that positively influences their knowledge skill and decision-making capabilities to achieve a best in-class safety record for all Cirrus Aircraft products
- Lead mentor and coach team members to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Drive and leverage learning technologies to provide the most engaging and impactful learning experience.
- Plan and manage training development projects to delivery results within cost timeline and quality expectations.
- Adapt develop and certify if applicable training programs for the markets served and future markets.
- Provide vision and influence to shape and achieve Cirrus strategic priority focus on expanding Cirrus flight training solutions.
- Develop collaborative and highly functional relationships with adjacent teams and leaders to achieve common objectives aligned with company level goals.
- Plan and execute project budgets and operational expenses to drive Cirrus Approach related margin.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum two years experience of aviation-related training development required
- Minimum two years working experience in an FAA 141 or 142 Training Center required
- Minimum five years experience leading a team with direct reports required
- Minimum five years experience developing and performing to project plans and budgets
- Minimum five years experience as an active flight instructor required
- Minimum ten years experience as a professional in aviation required
- Current FAA CFII with at least an FAA 2 nd class medical certificate required
- Completion of a type rating preferred
This opportunity is located in Knoxville Tennessee. Chosen as the location for our Vision Center Campus the hub of our customer experience activities Knoxville is often described as a hidden gem. Surrounded by the Smoky Mountains and home to the rambling Tennessee River the town offers a plethora of outdoor activities and a vibrant downtown. Very few places feature the opportunity to experience live music culture outdoor adventures and acclaimed cuisine in one location. It s no wonder why Knoxville was recently named as a Top 10 Destination on the Rise by Trip Advisor.
Cirrus is dedicated to a drug free work environment promoting equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race sex national origin color age disability religion pregnancy veteran status marital and family status sexual orientation receipt of public assistance genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Cirrus Aircraft Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.