Air Medical Dispatch Communications Specialist Urgent
- North Salt Lake, Utah
- Hourly $18.00 - $22.00
- Job ID
Air Medical Dispatch Communications Specialist job at Classic Air Medical in North Salt Lake UT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Classic Air Medical
Classic Air Medical is a dynamic, growing, and industry leading air medical provider throughout the Intermountain West.
Classic Air Medical offers a rewarding work experience as you will work with flight crews, agencies, hospitals and coworkers in a challenging and exciting, fast paced environment where seconds count as you are making a difference in the life of those we are called to provide life saving care for.
Classic Air Medical is looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic, open to change, ready for a challenge Communications Specialist to join our team at our corporate headquarters in North Salt Lake, Utah. The job is fast paced and exciting, presenting challenges that require a quick thinking, multitasking, fast typing individual who will be receiving emergent and non-emergent telephone calls and requests. You will work closely with pilots, air medical crews, administrators and fellow Communications Specialist to provide the highest level of professionalism and dedication in order to safely and efficiently facilitate air medical transport requests.
We are looking for an individual who is able to work the night shift on a 7 on / 7 off 12-hour schedule.
What Are We Looking For:
- Past call center experience (1-year)
- Aviation enthusiast
- High School Diploma
- Degree or some college
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent typing ability
- Ability to quickly learn new software
- Ability to quickly navigate/use Microsoft Windows, Google Drive, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to multitask is a must
- Attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and learn quickly
- Due to the safety sensitive responsibilities - must be able to read, write, understand and fluently speak the English language
Benefits working for Classic Air Medical:
- 7 days on / 7 days off schedule – 2 work weeks per month
- Employee is part of a Volunteer calendar for shifts on off week as On Call. and will be compensated each day with 50.00 to cover those from home
- Starting pay $18.00 per hour plus the opportunity for an increase after training is complete.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous Employee Assistance Program
- 40 hours PTO first year that increases every 5-years
- Holiday pay
- Making a difference on a daily basis and being part of a team
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Classic Air Medical Company Overview
If you are interested in the most exciting, fun and challenging job of your life then you have come to the right place. The crew of Classic Air Medical is a fun-loving, brilliant and very skilled group of individuals. Each crew member brings something unique to the group creating an atmosphere of growth and learning. In combination with the spectacular geography it is truly a one of a kind experience. We are always seeking professional individuals who are confident in their skills. We fly critically ill and injured patients to trauma centers with very high expectations. Our flight times can be greater than one hour depending upon the scene location and closest appropriate facility. When a position opens up, we will let you know.