Quality Engineer Featured
- Orchard Park, New York
- Job ID
Quality Engineer job at Cobham in Orchard Park NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cobham is seeking a Quality Engineer to drive quality improvement initiatives root cause and corrective action and to lead quality engineering support for value stream teams and product lines. This position is located in Orchard Park NY.
- Review customers RFQs contracts and flow-down of customer contractual quality requirements or quality system requirements to Cobham and its suppliers.
- Act as the Cobham liaison during customer/government audits and inspections.
- Communicate with team suppliers customers and the government regarding all quality related issues.
- Participate in customer return process to include failure analysis and corrective action
- Generate inspection check lists inspection criteria and skip lot for purchased and manufactured parts.
- Processing of Engineering Change Orders.
- Responsible for the processing and ensuring the disposition of nonconforming material via the Non-Conforming Reporting system.
- Generate and communicate customer data packages for shipped product.
- Analyze and trend quality data within value stream to drive preventive and corrective actions and continuous improvement (via CAB meetings).
- Drive continuous improvement by leading Root Cause Problem Solving Projects.
- Yearly internal audit of the quality related systems and procedures in accordance with the AS9100 standard.
- Maintain performance management Key Performance Indicators and board and participate in performance management meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring that environmental health and safety are included as part of everyday activities.
- Completed Bachelors degree or 10 years of experience in the Quality Assurance field
- Minimum of one year of experience in manufacturing quality.
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- This position requires access to technology materials software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelors degree in a STEM discipline (Science Technology Engineering or Mathematics).
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer.
- Knowledge of mechanical electrical pneumatic systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Skills: organizational communication leadership personal computing performance management continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Masters degree.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing certified.
- Experience specifying test chambers equipment and/or performing selection and oversight of suppliers providing Test capability.
- Knowledge of material certification testing.
Cobham Mission Systems values of Trust Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham an aviation innovator to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the worlds leading companies engaged in the development delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open sharing plans for the next five years driving retention by offering demanding exciting work and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin age disability protected veteran status or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging or otherwise discriminating against employees or applicants who inquire about discuss or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems
Cobham Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.