2nd Shift Faa Mechanical Assembler I Featured
- Vergennes, Vermont
- Job ID
2nd Shift Faa Mechanical Assembler I job at Collins Aerospace in Vergennes VT
Description, duties, responsibilities
United States of America
HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd Vergennes VT 05491 USA
Plans and performs a variety of mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly tests fabrications and inspection operations on various products in standard and non-standard environments to maintain flow of work.
- Reads interprets and follows blueprints diagrams engineering drawings specifications bills of materials and other written instructions.
- Operates hand tools electrical tools hand cutters measuring equipment and light equipment.
- Maintains inventory of product in workstations.
- Performs quality work checks identifies product defects and records identified defects.
- Reworks and/or repairs assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
- Performs all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day. Works under immediate supervision. Normally receives detailed instructions on all work.
- Develops basic job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Tasks are routine/repetitive in nature requiring limited judgment. Has little or no role in decision-making.
- HS Diploma required. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAAs regulation 14 CFR part 120 as well as 49 CFR part 40.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Previous manufacturing environment experience is preferred
Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace our Mission Systems team helps civilian military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team youll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines Power and Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce workplace and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance Home and Auto additional life insurance accident insurancecritical illnessinsurance group legal
- Ovia Health fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Collins Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.