Sr Engineering Manager Featured
- Opa Locka, Florida
- Job ID
Sr Engineering Manager job at Collins Aerospace in Opa Locka FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
United States of America
HFL05: Landing Gear - Miami 3201 NW 167th Street Opa Locka FL 33056 USA
Today the fully integrated landing systems we design test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we arent satisfied with todays success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight stronger and more technically advanced so that plane travel can be safer more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
- Act as a site technical lead for landing gear overhaul and repairs. Position is accountable for product integrity of the parts overhauled in the facility.
- Review and approve engineering deliverables
- Prepare and/or direct the preparation of formal presentations to internal and external customers. Provide customer liaison to ensure that agreed customer requirements are met
- Liaise with customers and the OEM to resolve landing gear related issues on the aircraft and to provide engineering support on in-service problems
- Work with managers of other disciplines within the business to ensure the overall quality cost and delivery of services
- Assist in the preparation of general business plans manpower plans and engineering schedules in accordance with program expectations
- Allocate and track budget and schedule performance including development of key metrics to gauge group productivity
- Responsible for the preparation and review of work statements specifying the machining and processing operations to be performed allowable tolerances acceptance criteria and replacement parts
- Review and approve vendor manufacturing process plans to ensure process qualifications with the quality assurance requirements
- Contribute in developing new repair methods for out of scope repairs for landing gear components as well as review technical repair drawings prepared by engineers
- Review engineering specifications orders service bulletins air directives and regulatory requirements to maintain current knowledge of repair and overhaul methods procedures and activities to establish and maintain Engineering Work Instructions and Bills of Material for new and existing programs
- Responsible for in-process overhaul and floor evaluation of all parts subject to machining finishing or processing operations to ensure satisfaction of company required and customer required specifications
- Ensures Engineering and Configuration process outputs are in compliance with Aviation Regulations and customer technical and regulatory requirements
- Consults with inspectors and shop personnel to resolve the correction or prevention of quality discrepancies and the disposition of discrepant parts. Makes decision for acceptance or rejection in borderline cases
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Strong demonstrated background in reliability and maintainability analysis
- Exceptional communication skills are required both oral and written with the ability to engage audiences at all levels within and outside the organization
- Must have the ability to motivate and lead a team with competing priorities clearly articulating goals and objectives
- Must have the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and provide strong leadership to a diverse group of engineering professionals
- Must be willing to champion an environment of enhanced performance and continuous improvement using a pragmatic approach with appropriate attention to details
- Knowledge of FAA and EASA regulations for aircraft maintenance and certification is preferred
- Understanding of structural analysis methods including static strength fatigue and finite-element analysis and basic understanding of mass-properties engineering is preferred
- SAP experience or ERP system knowledge strongly preferred
Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely - every day! From landing systems cargo systems and actuation to propellers flight controls and hoist and winch - the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight stronger and more technically advanced so that plane travel can be safer more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course that wouldnt be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization as well as our engineers - a highly skilled accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves we need fresh creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global diverse organization that doesnt shy away from big opportunities? If so we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves our teams and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance Home and Auto additional life insurance accident insurance critical illness insurance group legal
- Ovia Health fertility and family planning
- Doctor on Demand virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Collins Aerospace Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.