Avionics Technician I Trainee Featured
- Zionsville, Indiana
- Job ID
Avionics Technician I Trainee job at Comlux in Zionsville IN
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position is an opportunity to learn aircraft avionics systems from the ground up including wire installation and troubleshooting.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully the employee will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform the following duties:
- Conduct operational testing and troubleshooting on avionics systems and components.
- Performs the installation and functional test of avionics components and systems on aircraft per engineering specs blueprints and/or maintenance manuals.
- Repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices.
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection.
- Comply with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations.
- Provide timely quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Other duties as assigned not specifically stated herein.
- Install wiring on the aircraft.
- Learn all aspects of the avionics department.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION EXPERIENCE LICENSES ETC:
- High school diploma or GED. Avionics certification or technical training.
- 1 year of similar or equivalent avionics experience and/or training in the business aviation industry or military.
- Demonstrated ability to read interpret and understand blueprints.
- Ability to read write and speak the English language.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and retain OJT.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Williingness to learn take courses to improve skills (FCC A&P etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
The work environment described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The hangar where this position works is in an environment which may have exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues such as fluctuations in temperature. The employee in this position will experience occasional outdoor exposure to heat cold and environmental elements.
Comlux Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.