Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Telecommunications Network Engineer Cherry Point NC
Cherry Point, NC
•DRS Technologies Inc.
• DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products services and support to military forces intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology we develop manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington VA the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS please visit our website at www.drs.com.
• DRS Global Enterprise Solutions Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data voice and video applications over integrated satellite terrestrial and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering installing operating and maintaining innovative low-risk and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military commercial and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
•Cherry Point NC
•Telecommunications Network Engineer
•Position Summary - This position is continent upon contract award.
• Carries out information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline. Disciplines may include but are not limited to application support database administration software quality assurance/quality control software engineering hardware engineering network telecommunications and infrastructure operations of administration analysis engineering and design.
•Duties and Responsibilities
•• Carries out information systems and/or information technology tasks within more than one discipline
• Monitors and supports the information technology and systems infrastructures
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic engineering problems
• Implements various applications
• Conducts basic analysis including planning designing and evaluating a variety of information technology tools
• Responds to issues that cannot be resolved by an IT help desk
• Support communicate reinforce and defend the mission values and culture of the organization
•• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of 2 years applicable information systems experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge Experience in telecommunications network design and management. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze plan program and implement. Experience in analysis and design of voice networks LAN and WAN data networks wireless networks and/or network management systems to support voice and data services. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities including voice data video and/or wireless services. Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion. Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications. Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional users develops alternative solutions and backup plans. Qualifications:
Must possess a BS degree in electrical electronics or systems engineering with at least one year of experience in that field. Alternate qualification: an Associate degree in electrical electronics or systems engineering with at least eight years of experience of which four years must be related to telecommunications systems/network. Must have five years telecommunications systems experience with at least three years of local area network experience. IA Level IAT-II certifications required to include one of the following: CCNA-Security GICSP GSEC Security+ CE &/or SSCP Computing environment certifications required to include one of the following: CCSE NGX CCNA CCNP CCSP SCNA CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI CCMSE NG with AI CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX NSA ESE Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret or higher level security clearance and eligibility to pass IT-I Level with favorable Tier 5 investigation required. DRS Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race color religion creed gender national origin age disability genetic information marital or veteran status or any other category protected by federal state or local law. #CA #CS
Telecommunications Network Engineer job at DRS Technologies
Apply for this Telecommunications Network Engineer Cherry Point NC position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!