Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
SOF Deployed Systems Support Engineer Admin I Systems Djibouti
••Title: SOF Deployed Systems Support Engineer
••Position Summary –
• DRS seeks a full-time Special Operations Forces (SOF) Deployed Systems Support Engineer. This person will be responsible for assisting in the management of various mobility communications systems for U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Special Operations Command Africa’s (SOCAFRICA’s) Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC) to ensure high availability of network connections and network security using protocols supported for mobile business applications. The SOF Deployed Systems Support Engineer participates in the planning and implementation of procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with organizational goals industry best practices and DoD regulatory guidance and requirements.
•Duties and Responsibilities
•• Administering the operation of LAN/WAN-related network services according to Government policies and procedures
• Coordinating and implementing network software and hardware upgrades
• Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN performance connectivity and related network problems
• Administering LAN/WAN security and malware control measures
• Ensure network connectivity of all workstations
• Manage all network hardware and equipment
• Install and maintain equipment and cabling for telecommunications systems digital communications systems and LAN communications and systems
• Administer all equipment hardware and software upgrades for telecommunications systems digital communications systems and LAN communications and systems
• The SOF NA researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance
• Maintain timely and accurate helpdesk records using the ticket management system
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Support communicate reinforce and defend the mission values and culture of the organization
• Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Protect organizations value by preserving the confidentiality of information.
•Basic Qualifications (including education and years of experience required)
•• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration Management Information Systems Mathematics Industrial Technology Computer Sciences a related field equivalent experience or associate level vendor certification(s)
• Certification Requirements: MCSA and CCNA
• Experience Requirements: At least eight (08) years of previous Deployed Systems Support Engineer experience or combination of operational and Deployed Systems Support Engineer experience with current technologies and emerging technologies.
• Network specialized formal training platform specific vendor training PC applications formal training and education or experience with spreadsheets text processing data base and network communications
• Conducting system education and training seminars for end users designers Contractors and others as requested
• A focus on continuity of knowledge and training of rotational forces.
• On site Subject Matter Expert for deployed systems training
• At least one (1) year education or directly related experience in network system support duties
• Knowledge of the principles methods and techniques used in network troubleshooting and support
• Knowledge of computer network facilities current computer platforms operating systems applications security methods and network management tools
• Understanding of current principles practices technologies and products for network design installation management and support
• Strong verbal written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management other IT professionals and end-users
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
• Is open and responsive to change and demonstrates a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers
• Candidates with a Top Secret Clearance required
• Security + DOD 8570 compliant preferred
• TESA eligibility required
•Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge
••DRS Technologies Inc.
• DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products services and support to military forces intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology we develop manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington VA the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A. which employs more than 70000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS please visit our website at www.drs.com.
• DRS Global Enterprise Solutions Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data voice and video applications over integrated satellite terrestrial and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering installing operating and maintaining innovative low-risk and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military commercial and relief efforts at home and around the globe. DRS Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race color religion creed gender national origin age disability genetic information marital or veteran status or any other category protected by federal state or local law. #CA #CS
SOF Deployed Systems Support Engineer Admin I Systems Djibouti job at DRS Technologies
Apply for this SOF Deployed Systems Support Engineer Admin I Systems Djibouti position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.