Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic Featured
- Klamath Falls, Oregon
- Job ID
Aircraft Ordnance Systems Mechanic job at Department of the Air Force in Klamath Falls OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (TITLE 32) Position Description Numbers D1737P01and D1736P01 are part of the Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing National Guard.
As a AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC (TITLE 32) WG-6652-10/11 this position is located in an Air National Guard Aviation Wing Aircraft Maintenance Group Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Weapons Element (Flight Line). This PD is applicable for the F-15 F-16 F-22 F-35 and A-10 aircraft only. The primary purpose of the position is to troubleshoot repair install modify test and adjust aircraft ordnance systems equipment and components. On and/or off-equipment inspection modification overhaul troubleshooting and repair capability of weapons release and gun systems; verifies and analyzes malfunctions troubleshoots tests inspects and loads/unloads conventional munitions; installs/removes weapons delivery equipment launchers and gun systems.
(1) Operates analyzes performance troubleshoots inspects installs maintains overhauls repairs and modifies operational ordnance system(s) and subsystems consisting of numerous complex electronic components in fighter aircraft. Examples of individual subsystems or components are: computerized stores management systems or programmable armament control systems fire/control avionics fire control sensing targeting systems digital multiplex data bus systems electronic countermeasures equipment weapons/avionics video display systems and discrete weapons/avionics systems and ensures compatibility of systems and their interfaces through operational test system alignment and harmonization.
(2) Analyzes performance and isolate malfunctions to individual subsystems and or components of bombing/navigation fire-control/weapons delivery weapons multi-sensor displays and external electro-mechanical weapons systems electro-optical targeting pod/weapon interfaces R/F electronic countermeasures systems target radar tracking and missile tracking radar.
(3) Removes repairs installs inspects and conducts operational performance checkout of aircraft ordnance and isolates malfunctions and identifies if failures are in specific LRUs aircraft weapons avionics multiplex data bus matrix assemblies or aircraft digital data wiring.
(4) Loads/unloads positions and safeties air munitions using applicable technical data and handling equipment. Tests suspension launch and release systems to ensure proper manual/electrical release on equipment.
(5) Conducts off-equipment troubleshooting and functional checks of electronic weapons control systems to ensure proper manual/electrical release and fire sequence. Performs bench checks to determine extent of repair needed and accomplishes Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO) and modifications of components and software and tests for proper operation.
(6) Ensures all munitions are inventoried at the start and completion of the work shift. Ensures that all munitions expenditures are accurately tracked and recorded on applicable forms. When required will assist the munitions custodian of aircrew training munitions in conducting a weekly munitions inventory and reconciliation.
(7) Coordinates with loading standardization and the weapons element supervisor for all load crew-training requirements and ensures only loading certified/qualified personnel are directed to perform weapons loading tasks and may be required to perform weapons expediting on the flight line.
(8) Maintains and reviews publication files of applicable technical orders regulations manuals and local directives. Recommends and rewrites methods to improve maintenance procedures technical data and equipment and initiates unsatisfactory equipment and technical order deficiency reports.
(9) Provides hands-on training instruction to lower graded personnel concerned with the repair of the electronic ordnance systems within the aircraft. May be required to perform additional duties as a production controller quality assurance inspector and bench stock monitor for the work center.
(10) Processes and accounts for due in from maintenance (DIFM) supply assets and ensure materials and equipment are properly stored protected and maintained and funds are not obligated for material or parts without proper justification.
(11) Adjusts installs and removes cartridges and squibs for tanks and pylons and chaff/flare systems. Adjusts and installs fusing devices in explosive air munitions. Removes and installs safing devices on munitions and gun systems and operates Munitions Maintenance Handling Equipment (MMHE) and loading equipment.
(12) Operates fault detection and digital test equipment. Evaluates pilot trouble reports to determine validity and the necessary repair actions. May be required to maintain certification as a weapons load crew chief or load crewmember.
(13) Performs other duties as assigned.
The above description only mentions a limited amount of the positions official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position please contact one of the Recruitment Specialists at the bottom of the announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Department of the Air Force Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.