- Chesapeake, Virginia
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Corporate Pilot job at Dollar Tree in Chesapeake VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Get in on this exciting and groundbreaking time at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar as we continue to grow both banners rapidly. We are a Fortune 200 company with over 16,000 stores, 26 distribution centers, and over $26B in sales in North America. It’s amazing what Dollar Tree has accomplished in 35 years… With YOU on our team, imagine where your ideas could take us!
Headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, enjoy coastal living while working at the Dollar Tree Campus. The area is known for its history & museums, arts & culture, beaches & boating, and music & entertainment. Must be willing to relocate to Hampton Roads, VA
Crew the Company aircraft, ensuring people and property arrive to destination safely.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safe and orderly conduct of the flight.
- Compliance with all FARs, foreign counterparts when applicable, and Dollar Tree/Family Dollar policies and regulations.
- Review the trip itinerary to ensure all aspects of the trip have been setup. (fuel, passenger transportation, etc.)
- Check weather, NOTAMs, and runway lengths for all flights
- Brief crewmembers prior to flight on all aspects, especially on information in the applicable flight information publications; on departure routes, altitudes, obstructions and air traffic control procedures; on normal and emergency communication procedures; and on special instructions or procedures.
- Supervise / coordinate with other crew members throughout flight to include flight preparation and completion of flight documentation.
- Train and develop Co-Pilots concerning techniques, methods, and day to day activities, in accordance with Dollar Tree/Family Dollar policy and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure other crew members understand their duties and responsibilities; monitor their professional behavior.
- Ensure maintenance service and repairs obtained when an aircraft is not at its home base are coordinated with the Director of Aviation and the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance.
- Complete all paperwork correctly including timely and accurate accounting for company expenses & expense Reporting.
- Maintain and monitor recent flight experience to ensure currency.
- Must attend and pass annual recurrent pilot training.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess Airline Transport or Commercial Pilot Certificate with appropriate category
- 2,000 hours total pilot time, of which 2,000 hours are multi-engine and 500 hours PIC hours in jet aircraft
- Maintain Aircraft type qualification per FAR 61
- Maintain minimum FAA Second Class Medical Certificate (to be obtained every nine months)
- Must be able to secure / maintain Airport Security clearance requirements for the Norfolk International Airport
- Must be able to obtain / possess a United States Passport.
- Must obtain first class FAA medical certificate within 30 days prior to start of employment.
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Dollar Tree Company Overview
We are a Fortune 200 company with over 16,000 stores, 26 distribution centers, and over $26B in sales in North America. It’s amazing what Dollar Tree has accomplished in 35 years… With YOU on our team, imagine where your ideas could take us!