Aerospace Vehicle Systems Engineer Featured
- Huntsville, Alabama
- Job ID
Aerospace Vehicle Systems Engineer job at Draper in Huntsville AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Draper is an independent nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge MA. The 1800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper visitwww.draper.com .
Our work is very important to us but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga health and finance workshops off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex disability age sexual orientation gender identity national origin veteran status or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment its services programs and activities. To request reasonable accommodation please contact ...@draper.com.
The Strategic Program office at Draper/Huntsville is seeking an experienced Aerospace Vehicle Systems Engineer. Candidate will perform Guidance and Control analysis along with system engineering for a range of vehicles to include launch vehicles spacecraft and hypervelocity glide vehicles. Perform architecture trades and supporting analysis for identification of requirements and analysis. Specifically the candidate will research analysis and validation of space craft systems and in particular target guidance and interceptors. Will work closely with government customer in government facilities and other nationally known SMEs.
- Candidate must have at minimum a master s degree in aerospace engineering system engineering or relevant technical area.
- Must have demonstrated capability as a developer of G&C solutions for highly dynamic systems or be highly knowledgeable in the area
- Candidate must have at least 10 years of applicable experience
- MATLAB/Simulink experience required with capability to develop high fidelity 3-dof and 6-dof simulations
- The candidate must have demonstrated capability to manage technical objectives while collaborating with internal external and sponsor partners
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with senior customers are required
- Some operational or flight test experience is preferred
- Experience with algorithm development for Guidance Navigation and Control applications is desired
- Candidates having previous experience on major NASA or DoD programs are preferred
- Ability to obtain a security clearance at the SECRET level is required
- Flexibility to support infrequent travel
Draper Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.