Quality And Safety Manager Featured
- Pensacola, Florida
- Job ID
Quality And Safety Manager job at DynCorp International in Pensacola FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Quality and Safety Manger (QC Manager) ensures strict adherence to the latest version of all Department of Defense publications contract requirements manufacturers directives company policies and procedures program Quality Control Manual and the Industrial/ Aviation Ground Safety affecting quality and personnel/equipment safety issues.
(Typical duties include the following although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Quality to develop implement and sustain a behavioral quality-based program
- Serve as a quality liaison with Corporate Quality and ensure consistent practices and deliverables meet quality standards.
- Prepares and maintains the Maintenance/Work Instructions and conformance to Navy Commercial and AS9100C standards.
- Provides training leadership and management of personnel assigned to the Quality Control Division.
- Prepare and submit functional area deliverables on schedule in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- Empower workforce with stop work authority for quality breaches.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance on related disciplines.
- Seek share and assist in institutionalizing best practices.
- Develops and implements program-specific process improvement initiatives.
- Establishes and tracks progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of process improvement initiatives.
- Ensures operational personnel comply with established and applicable DI policies and procedures.
- Conducts audits inspections to ensure compliance with DI policies and procedures and implements corrective actions as required.
- May serve as liaison between programs or various governmental agencies inside or outside the United States
- Develops collects and reports performance metrics as needed.
- Participates in the identification and implementation of all continuous process improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of complex aviation maintenance programs quality control contracted programs aircraft maintenance business administration customer requirements and company policies
- Familiarity with requirements of Navy National Aerospace Standards (NAS) FAA FCC and any DoD regulations as they pertain to their respective programs
- Must have experience of AS9100C Quality System CNAFINST 4790.2-series OEM Instructions and AS9100C
- In-depth knowledge of contractual programs company organization policies and procedures
- The necessary strong leadership and management skills to direct assigned personnel and the ability to communicate accurately and concisely on technical matters orally and in writing
- Must be able to obtain a level of security clearance required by the government
Experience and Education
- Bachelors degree in quality business management or engineering; masters degree preferred. HS Diploma or Associates Degree plus 15 years experience may be substituted for Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible aircraft maintenance experience or in a related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience.
- FAA Airframes and Power Plants License (A&P) preferred or documented aircraft hands-on/senior supervisory history in the military or a commercial aviation operation
- Formal or Specialized Training or Equivalent Hazardous Waste Communications
- AS9100C Program Awareness FOD and TCP Awareness
- Operational Risk Management Anti-Terrorism and Security/Safety Training Security Clearance Awareness
- Safe for Flight and Weight and Balance Certification
- ASQ Certified manager of quality and organizational excellence desired. Significant knowledge of the ISO 9000 series system.
- ISO 9000 Lead Auditor qualification preferred; knowledge of safety standards and general experience in dealing with environmental issues.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- FAA A&P Certificate
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
DynCorp International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.