Sheetmetal Aircraft Mechanic Hot
- Andalusia, Alabama
- Job ID
Sheetmetal Aircraft Mechanic job at DynCorp International in Andalusia AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Structural (Sheetmetal) Aircraft Mechanic I works under general supervision to safely layout fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Services inspects troubleshoots repairs modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems.
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout fabrication and installation of parts equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork sign-offs and quality specifications
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives sealants and solvents
- Utilizing proper tooling shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes presses riveting equipment shears and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions
- Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications
- Comply with all safety 5S and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP)
- Assist in monthly 5S audits
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand track squawks and to sign-off work
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment. Perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess good reading and writing skills.
- Must have the ability to use and maintain all shop tools and shop equipment.
- Must be able to work any shift overtime weekends and flexible hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain all certifications licenses and/or clearances necessary for position.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year sheet metal experience or equivalent is required.
- Aircraft familiarization is a plus.
- A&P License preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Required to climb stand stoop bend stretch crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds.
- Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside and be subject to extreme weather conditions.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts vehicles or aircraft.
DynCorp International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.