Aerospace Fed Additive Manufacturing Engineering Specialist Featured
- Bethel, Connecticut
- Job ID
Aerospace Fed Additive Manufacturing Engineering Specialist job at Eaton in Bethel CT
Description, duties, responsibilities
Eatons Aerospace Group has an Opening for an Additive Manufacturing Specialist with Its Fluid and Electrical Distribution Division. This position can be located at any of our FED sites.
The FED additive manufacturing (Amfg.) applications engineering specialist position responsible for identifying and developing specific Amfg. opportunities in the Aerospace FED business. The role will work closely with the FED commercial team product engineering manufacturing engineering operations and customers. Position includes defining the AM strategy for FED identifying specific targets leading the development and managing the customer engagement. Individual must have a strong innovative engineering acumen who has the technical capability to leverage the capabilities of Amfg. to identify new innovative solutions. This includes influencing the design working with the engineering team. The role will lead the development of these opportunities serving as the AM applications engineer AM process expert and PreLaunch program manager who leads the IPT teams during PreLaunch development.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity invention and discovery become reality each and every day. Its where bold bright professionals like you can reach your full potentialand where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop new solutions utilizing the capability of Amfg that offer significant advantages over conventional approaches in speed cost and/or performance. Ability to envision new innovative solutions that have not previously been identified that are enabled by additive manufacturing and sell the vision to the team.
- Work with the CRT Additive CoEs in Charleston Southfield Michigan and Pune India and external partners to develop the processes required to develop and commercialize identified targets.
- Develop the strategy roadmap and execution plan for leveraging the capabilities of additive manufacturing within the FED business. Plan should define how Eaton will use specific additive technologies and pilot projects to grow the business and identify cost-out opportunities.
- Lead the development of FED additive manufacturing opportunities through PreLaunch working closely with the FED Product Engineering Operations Commercial SCM and Quality teams. Recommend design solutions influence the final design construct connect targets to the appropriate Amfg. process. In addition the role will lead the AM process development build the value proposition create the development plan and capture lesson learned. This role will also have responsibility to define the FED additive manufacturing competitive landscape and define the trends that could impact the product line.
- Lead the effort to deploy AM across the FED organization including ensuring the continued education of the cross-functional organization. This includes formal and informal training on the various Amfg. technologies.
- Lead internal/external innovation workshops to identify potential game-changing solutions enabled by Amfg. prioritize them and hold gate reviews to ensure business alignment and support.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Materials Science (i.e. metallurgy) from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 4 years of engineering experience
- A minimum of 3 years new product development experience working with Aerospace customers
- Minimum of 3 years experience using metal and polymer AM for new product development
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder) Political Asylee or Refugee
- No relocation benefit will be provided. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of one of our FED facilities.
In addition to meeting all the basic qualifications the ideal candidate will also possess the following Preferred Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Significant experience in the FED product line
- Demonstrated ability to invent to create innovative solutions
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Able to manage a cross-functional technical team to develop concepts into solutions.
- Proven track record of driving change
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute technology development plans
- Innovative able to create solutions leveraging the capabilities of a new technology
- Strategic Agility sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately has broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Customer Focus-ability to understand customer needs and assist in developing strong value propositions to meet those needs.
- Drive for results can be counted on to exceed goals
- Motivating others creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; is someone people like working for and with holds the bar high.
- Managing and measuring work clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; designs feedback loops into work.
- Managerial courage addresses roadblocks and can handle pushback provides direct feedback
We make what matters work. Everywhere you lookfrom the technology and machinery that surrounds us to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every dayyoull find one thing in common. It all relies on power. Thats why Eaton is dedicated to improving peoples lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable efficient safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. Were ethical passionate accountable efficient transparent and were committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes 25 % of the Time
Eaton Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.