Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Senor Application Engineer
Eaton located in Shanghai China has an opening for a Senior Application Engineer. The function of this role include:
• Serve as the strong voice of the customer within the organization as well as a day-to-day spokesman for the company with the customer’s engineers
• Work with existing and potential customers to clearly define their engineering expectations and forcefully communicate these through the organization in order to achieve customer satisfaction
• Perform and manage application engineering and product development on assigned projects
• Integration of manual transmission Automatic Mechanical Transmission (AMT) Hybrid and Electrical Vehicle Transmission (EV) on truck and bus chassis that meet vehicle performance and reliability objectives.
• Cooperating with Mechanical /Electrical and system engineer for interface with OEM
• Cooperating with System engineers to ensure delivering best performance to customer
• Cooperating with service engineers to meet the customer’s satisfaction
• Coordinate with Sales & Market team and other related people to promote Eaton Truck marketing image by providing engineering support. Essential Functions A. Provide engineering support or improvement for the current projects to achieve company’s sales objective. B Manage new projects. Work with OEM to develop product launch plan/schedule and coordinate inside company to meet the plan. Perform application engineering and product development on assigned new projects.
• Collect OEM truck and bus configuration data fill application form recommend right transmission and make the application evaluation and approval the application.
• Define all installation specifications with OEM. And create add/omit sheet for BOM engineer.
• Define new parts and requirements to product engineer for new parts development per OEM request.
• Define technical agreement and sign with OEM
• Provide on site support for prototype installation and performance test signoff.
• Follow up prototype field trial performance and lead on engineering improvement. C. Provide engineering support for the issues of quality material planning localization production marketing accounting etc D. Promote our products to assigned OEMs or new OEMs as needed. E. Provide support to Service Engineer:
• Support service engineer to solve product problems.
• Backup if Service Engineer is occupied on some service issues F. Listen to customers and develop ideas for product plan initiatives to meet market needs. Advocacy of customer satisfaction within the organization. G Conduct new product updates and training for customer at all levels provide training to sales and service people both Eaton internal and customer dealer sales and marketing support for OEM Tech Day product promotion and value selling QualificationsBasic Qualifications
• This individual will hold a minimum of a 4-years engineering degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Physics or associated engineering degree.
• The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years background-in knowledge of heavy-duty truck bus or automotive components or powertrain systems.
• Understanding of engineering principles product architecture product configuration product assembly product specifications Preferred Qualifications
• Strong customer relations management and project management skills with respect to applications engineering
• Good application experience on powertrain especially transmission and clutch and electric engine control hybrid and EV technology is preferred.
• Trouble shooting and customer field problem solving reliability engineering knowledge
• Strong communication skills with OEM engineering team.
• Knowledge of truck and bus markets and how end users use the customer’s equipment.
• Experience in developing or modifying products for specific applications including design procurement and testing programs Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information visit Eaton.com.At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate go above and beyond and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers. Job: Engineering Region: Asia Pacific Organization: VEH PDMP CPT Job Level: Individual Contributor Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No Does this position offer relocation?: No Travel: Yes 10 % of the Time Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability marital status genetic information protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Senor Application Engineer job at Eaton Corporation
Apply for this Senor Application Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.