Ndt Technician Featured
- Macon, Georgia
- Job ID
Ndt Technician job at Embraer in Macon GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Ensure that all non-destructive testing is performed in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure that all non-destructive testing equipment is in proper working order and in current calibration at all times.
- Performs NDT inspection of aircraft engines propellers accessories components and materials processed through the repair station.
- Ensures proper documentation of discrepancies on appropriate forms work orders tags or aircraft logs.
- Ensures that shift turnover procedures are followed and properly documented.
- Complies with repair station procedures and company policies.
- Properly certificated in accordance with FAR 65 Subpart D or E and will meet the applicable personnel qualification/certification requirements of the FAA approved EAMS NDT process specification EMBNDT002.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School Diploma A.S. Degree in Aviation preferred
- AP Certificate
- Level II NDT certification preferred
- Generally 8 years and experience in NDT inspection
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Assignments require Comprehensive Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical Area. •
- Skills are broadly applied in multiple Technical Areas.
- Knowledge of safety and operating procedures for power-on aircraft
- Ability to understand procedures acting in problem solving suggesting improvements.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Must have successfully completed a vision exam prior to any training.
- This employee is subject to an annual vision test.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Safeguards confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.