Lead Flight Test Weekend Shift Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Lead Flight Test Weekend Shift job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Leads the Flight Test team and activities. Examines assembles and tests aircraft accessories in preparation for flight. Works with the assembly mechanics in preparing for flights following rules and procedures for flight safety as well as monitoring the delivery and the satisfaction of the client in the delivery process.
- Performs checks maintenance modifications and inspections in preparation for flight.
- Uses specialized equipment in accordance with appropriate federal aviation regulations manufacturers recommendations technical manuals and industry standards;
- Maintains a comprehensive record system of all maintenance work performed on each aircraft to comply with the component mandates of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and in accordance to our policies and procedures.
- May be assigned to drive fuel trucks dispense fuel and maintain records of fuel usage. Perform operational testing of fuel and all systems.
- Implement emergency procedures with the engine turning when necessary.
- Move operate and park planes with tug.
- Implement pre and post flight procedures.
- Monitor-flight inspections surveys and deliveries.
- Prepare aircraft for delivery and ensure quality in the process as delivery procedures.
- Analyze and propose improvements and solutions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School or GED familiar
- An Associate Degree or Technical Certification is most common at this level and may be required within certain Technical Areas.
- Possession of a valid Federal Aviation Administration Mechanic Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant Ratings (AP)
- Five years of post-certification/authorization experience repairing and aircraft
- Generally at least 8 years of experience or greater in area of responsibility
- Recent experience in aeronautical environment in AP role.
- Assignments require Comprehensive Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical Area.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Assignments require Advanced Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical area as well as a strong understanding of External Regulations and Functional Work Standards that affect Technical Requirements and Outputs.
- Role takes leadership for applying new processes and skills to improve the Technician Function Status Quo.
- Aircraft repair and inspection techniques; tools and equipment used for the maintenance and repair of fixed wing aircraft and helicopters; record maintenance practices; and tools and shop safety practices.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical malfunctions and identify maintenance and repair needs; work effectively with other staff members pilots and Sheriffs management staff; keep detailed records; make independent decisions related to airworthiness; work without close supervision; and organize and prioritize work.
- Understand technical management and quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.