Lean Specialist I Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Lean Specialist I job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Provides P3E consultation/support to the Embraer Executive Aircraft Production facility. The role serves as the Continuous Improvement Agent and leads by coordinating and facilitating strategic decisions and being the liaison between the P3E Central Committee and the Production operation; both Phenom and Legacy lines.
- acilitates customer relations internally and externally.
- Coordinates strategies to overcome the customers expectations.
- Coordinates the implementation and execution of the key P3E deliverables for each level of qualification.
- Supports project planning for improvement (Kaizen Yokoten Project Charting projects with probabilistic data “Lean Green Belt” to more complex issues and possibilities to analyze data DMAIC action deployment).
- Coordinates the process flows based on services/products of the NAC Value Stream Maps (VSM) with the support of P3E Cell Agents and support of the supervisors and/or managers.
- Follows up with EEA leaders and other participants periodically regarding Kaizen results in order to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency.
- Calculates monthly KPIs
- Supports Production units P3E cells in conducting and/or submitting QCPCs and Quality Clinics
- Supports the Production facility in Global Kaizens and/or Global P3E Committees
- Uses required tools to assist in the solving problems regarding the processes of the P3E program
- Obtains continuous feedback from each team under each Production cell to identify potential roadblocks concerns and issues that need to be rapidly resolved
- Holds periodic meetings regarding Action Plans
- Actively engaged in internal competition and year end awards and ceremonies
- Supports the training of cell members for Kaizen and Yokoten programs
- Provides feedback on all A3 forms originating from any of the Production units cells
- Participates and assists the Production units cell leaders in monitoring the evolution of PA and improvement plans
- Assists in conducting and supporting presentations regarding improvement plans and programs
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Require High School or GED equivalent.
- Prefer Bachelors degree.
- Prefer Green Belt Certification.
- Prefer three plus years experience in corporate quality management system activities organization methods systems analysis organizational development and process workflow analysis preferably in the aviation industry.
- Strong knowledge of Lean practices (methods) abiding by Embraer Values.
- Ability to engage team work activities based on Embraer values.
- Ability to develop dynamic climate between cells so they can see the best practices of the values applied.
- Ability to influence people in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to identify and understand the need for training to meet the training matrix gaps already identified.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma ISO 18001 ISO 14000 ISO9001 methodologies and DMAIC philosophies.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and other computer related skills.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.