Project Scheduler Ii Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Project Scheduler Ii job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Project Scheduler II provides key data to Project Manager to update program and project status and impact on overall portfolio. Scheduling includes work at the estimate level short interval and program and project master scheduling. Develops work breakdown structures resource cost and budget plans. Updates master and subproject plans and dependencies with new information as changes occur e.g. timelines and delays. Duties of this position also may involve project cost control work.
- Supports the Project Manager on the design and development of project schedules.
- Identifies activities impacting the schedules critical path and applies problem solving methodologies to seek solutions under the guidance of the Project Manager
- Collects schedule and cost information for each project and compares to established baselines
- Communicates clearly effectively and regularly with team members
- Assists Project Manager to develop and maintain periodic status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Frequently updates project related information in the Embraer project management systems.
- Interacts with project team and functional managers to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Supports weekly projects schedule updates working with Project Managers and Engineers.
- Generates and provides reporting on team KPIs
- Supports process improvement initiatives and additional team activities as needed
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Preferred Bachelors degree
- Generally 3+ years of experience
- Prior aerospace scheudling experience highly preferred
- Understanding and executing broad practices associated within the field assigned and related fields.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices which typically are complex in nature .
- Strong Project Management and Risk analysis ability.
- Proficiency with planning practices and tools (MS Project experience)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Utilization of Lean Production concepts
- Systemic vision
- Data analysis and consolidation
- Cope with deadlines and other pressured situations.
- Interact with senior management and staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications– Word Excel
- Adept at Analyzing Complex Information with attention to detail
- Presentation Skills
- Verbal/Written Communication
- Analytical and Statistical Tools
- Interact with senior management and staff
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.