Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic Hot
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic job at Embraer in Nashville TN
Description, duties, responsibilities
A&P NOT REQUIRED
Examines repairs assembles and tests aircraft accessories such as engines power brake units auxiliary electric motors spark igniters valves pumps fuselage wings and oil and fuel tanks using hand tools and testing devices and following shop orders and manufacturers specifications.
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems pneumatic systems plumbing precision assemblies rigging and controls etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs reworks and modifies worn or defective assemblies making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) technical data and work package instructions.
- Consults the Maintenance Lead if technical assistance is needed during the repair process.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed/in-progress work to Maintenance Lead for review; submits to Quality Assurance for final/in-progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data as requested.
- Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- A or P License preferred
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in at least one aircraft type. Proficiency should be demonstrated in at least one aircraft discipline through prior work experience to include:
Embraer Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.