Production Project Planner Featured
- Macon, Georgia
- Job ID
Production Project Planner job at Embraer in Macon GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Proven ability to support multiple projects with medium to high complexity. Consistent track record of on-time and on-quality delivery.
- Must have proven experience in critical chain management (buffer management) to assess project performance - emphasis on resource leveling.
- Developing and executing activities related to end-to-end program/project management including project plans and estimates scoping and requirements through implementation and deployment.
- Proactively manage work across different workforces if needed monitor and report on execution of deliverables through all program/project phases.
- Ensure overall quality of the project and act as the escalation point of contact.
- Coordination across work streams for on-time delivery
- Overall program planning and status tracking using Microsoft Project ProChain
- Management of deliverables (Fever Chart and Actual vs Plan project evolution)
- Communication to Client Leadership Teams
- Facilitate and organize meetings
- Risk/Issue management
- Status reporting to senior management
- Managing open items
- Organizing and planning activities
- Instructs/assists Production Control where required in assembling work packages.
- Assembles all necessary information and data to properly plan the project (i.e. MRB Task Cards AMM references SBs etc.). Instructs/assists Production Control where required in assembling work packages.
- Researches/verifies aircraft configuration and orders pre-draw materials and mod kits. Ensures required equipment and human resources are available to meet proposed schedule.
- Assigns work orders and task numbers to work packages in order of correct flow (CCPM).
- Develops work flow chart for project and updates it each day to track progress and problem areas.
- Monitors hours expended on flat rated jobs. Reports results daily to all managers to enhance project performance.
- Maintains a data base of all work performed.
- Assists in labor and maintenance studies and provide historical data for support of Sales and Marketing activities.
- Prepares quotes for aircraft maintenance and various work scopes received from Sales and Marketing. Estimate materials or labor requirements.
- Acts as liaison between planning the customer and operations.
- Creates flow chart based on required sequence of activities. Establishes labor-hour requirements for routine work. Identifies outside services when required.
- Updates work scope as CRI items develop. Updates flow chart and master task list.
- Ensures plan of work is followed. Tracks paperwork flow for accountability through Production Control.
- Assess cost effectiveness of projects or services tracking actual cost vs. bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning organizing and scheduling work.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Typically requires BS/BA Undergraduate Degree
- Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM) Experience required
- Strong PM skills needed to plan manage a project rollout.
- PMP Preferred
- AP License is also strongly preferred.
- Generally 5+ years of experience in the role of Aviation Field Project Manager or similar.
- Experience in aviation planning customer support and repair customer services activities.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles and practices in their work assignments which typically are relatively complex in nature.
- Customer services techniques
- Critical Chain Process Management
- Aeronautical familiarization
- Intermediary computer skills - Office (Excel and Word) Projects Lotus Notes internet
- Customer service oriented
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently; team player
- Organized and detailed oriented.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.