AP mechanic Urgent
- Estherville, Iowa
- Hourly $25.00 - $45.00
- Job ID
AP mechanic job at Aviation Inc in Estherville IA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you an A&P licensed aircraft mechanic looking for a fulfilling career opportunity in the heart of rural, northwest Iowa? Our small, yet bustling, General Aviation shop is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team. This role is not just about turning wrenches; it's an invitation to become part of a close-knit community, making it an ideal setting for a young family seeking a wholesome environment.
Why consider us?
- Variety of Aircraft: Dive into the world of certified, experimental, and light sport aircraft, providing you with a diverse and exciting range of projects.
- New Graduates Welcome: We believe that attitude is more important than experience.
- Low Cost of Living: Enjoy the perks of a very low cost of living in our small, rural community.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation: Starting salary ranging from $25-$45/hour, depending on experience and license.
- Comprehensive Benefits: Take advantage of our Simple IRA retirement plan with company matching, a supplement to medical insurance costs, paid holidays, and paid vacation after one year.
- Tuition Reimbursement and/or Retention Bonus Offered
- Learning Environment: Immerse yourself in a continuous learning environment with possible manufacturer training opportunities.
- Relocation Assistance: We understand the importance of finding your feet in a new community, and relocation assistance may be available.
- Team Player: Must be a team player dedicated to providing excellent service to our customers.
- Flexibility: Be ready to embrace a variety of daily job duties, working hands-on with small aircraft.
- Small Town Enthusiast: If you appreciate the charm of small-town life, this opportunity is for you.
Inspector’s Authorization is preferred but not required.
Salary Range: $25-$45/hour
Relocation assistance is possible
If you are passionate about small, general aviation aircraft, value a supportive community, and are ready to take on diverse challenges, we invite you to join our team and be a key player in our thriving aviation maintenance shop. Apply now and let your career take off with us!
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Estherville Aviation Inc Company Overview
Estherville Aviation was established in 1997 when the owners, Paul and Arlys Slaughter, purchased the FBO from the previous owners. Estherville, Iowa is a small, rural town with a healthy airport and aviation history including a civilian flight training program for the Army Air Corps during WW II. The busiest user of the airport is Iowa Lakes Community College which has a two-year commerial flight training program to prepare students for a pilot career. There are 25 aricraft based on the field. Estherville Aviation has focussed on small, general aviation piston aircraft maintenance, servicing local aircraft initially but extending to drawing in aircraft from neighboring states. Maintenance is performed on aircraft from light piston twins, down to ultralight vehicles. Being a Rotax repair center has brought in a lot of light-sport aircraft as well as amateur built. Estherville is located in northwest Iowa, 15 miles east of the Iowa Great Lakes, Spirit Lake and Okoboji area, a popular tourist area focusing around the local lakes. We enjoy varied hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities as well as a low cost of living. Sioux Falls, SD and Mankato, MN are a two hour drive away for larger city shopping and entertainment.