- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $29.00 - $31.00
- Job ID
Flight Dispatch job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Under general supervision, performs activities associated with scheduling and dispatching 14 CFR Part 121 flights. Monitor other company assets for Everts Air Cargo and Everts Air Fuel. Everts Air Cargo operates in Alaska, the Contiguous United States, Canada, and Central/South America/Caribbean in cargo and passenger operations.
The Flight Follow Assistant position is an entry level position for applicants who do not possess an aircraft dispatcher certificate.
Salary Starts at $31.00 p/hr for a Flight Dispatcher with Valid Certification
Additional $1.00 is given when each segment of training is completed. Total of 3 trainings for a maximum of $3.00 pay increase.
- Exercise operational control authority in conjunction with the Pilot in Command (PIC) for the safe and efficient operation of flights in accordance with FAA regulations and company policy.
- Must have a complete understanding of the company procedures, limitations, and directives applicable to the rules of 14 CFR Part 121 and company Operation Specifications.
- Review, analyze and monitor present and forecast weather conditions, including but not limited to NOTAMs, PIREPs, TFRs and runway conditions.
- Produce computerized flight plans using MX Excel and Navtech Flight Planning for all company aircraft (C-46, DC-6, DC-9, MD-82/83, and B-727)
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Email, PowerPoint, etc.
- Passionate attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Requires a great deal of coordination among many departments.
- Must be flexible, willing to work various hours including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime. Everts Air Cargo operates 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Must be able to multitask effectively in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Must be diplomatic, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
- Strong math background and perform mathematical computations using decimals and hours and minutes and converting from one to the other.
- Be a self-starter with initiative.
- Must be willing to relocate to Fairbanks, AK
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate
- Previous experience (one year or more) with large aircraft dispatch, including use of computerized flight planning software
- Associate degree or higher in aviation related field
- Pilot certificate with instrument rating or air traffic control background
- CASS Carrier with full jumpseat privileges after qualification
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.