Cargo Sales Rep Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Job ID
Cargo Sales Rep job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
This position plays a fundamental role in achieving Everts Air’s market and revenue growth objectives by gaining new business, as well as, maintaining and growing existing customer accounts. The primary objective of this position is to generate increased revenue and support the common goal of excellent service to all customers.
1. Collaborate and build relationships with existing and new customers through cold calling, issuing quotes, preparing bids, educating customers and making formal presentations to clients.
2. Maintain existing accounts by providing support and relevant solutions to meet customer needs, conducting regular account analysis and addressing any concerns in a timely manner.
3. Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up, outbound calls, trade conferences, emails, and other outreach programs as dictated by the department manager.
4. Identify new markets for market share growth by remaining current on industry trends, local market conditions and competitor activities.
5. Attend and participate in conferences, exhibits, and trade shows to promote Everts Air services and generate leads.
6. Schedule and make regular external sales visits, as well as, take part in community events that increase visibility of Everts within designated markets. Travel is required.
7. Train personnel (as appropriate) on, Sales promotions, processes and Company services.
8. Utilize Everts Air’s Customer Resource Management platform to document sales activity and relevant customer business details, in addition to submitting department activity reports.
9. Work closely with Everts Air Customer Service and Cargo departments to help ensure new and existing customers benefit from a seamless sale to service experience.
10.Perform sales job tasks in such a manner that EAC maximizes profitability while focusing on cost conscious issues such as productivity, travel, and office supplies and equipment.
11.Provide feedback on departmental processes and assist in developing future planning goals and objectives for the Sales and Marketing department that are achievable and realistic, and that complement the company’s current growth strategy.
12.Support and participate in an organizational culture in which a passion for continuous improvement is innate.
13.Other duties as assigned by the department manager.
1. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
2. Requires excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette.
3. Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in marketing or business (aviation a plus).
4. Requires 1-2 years employment history in a sales/new business development position.
5. Prefer 1+ years of experience with cargo operations or cargo customer service.
6. Must be able to type 40+ words a minute.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.