Part 121 Dc9 Captain and First Officer South FL
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $94.00
- Job ID
Part 121 Dc9 Captain and First Officer South FL job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Captain will safely operate the aircraft in accordance with all Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies, and procedures. When assigned to a flight, the Captain is in full command, without limitations, of the aircraft, crew, cargo, and passengers, as applicable and is responsible for the following (14 CFR Part 121.537).
The First Officer is responsible to the captain of the flight to which he/she is assigned. They shall be familiar with and follow instructions contained in the manuals, flight procedures, letters of instructions, operations bulletins, and other instructions pertinent to his/her duties.
- Safe, legal, and efficient conduct of the flight
- Performs other duties as assigned including supervising the loading and unloading of the cargo.
- Safely operates the aircraft in accordance with all Federal Aviation Regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Captain serves as a mentor for the First Officer
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- An FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate
- Current First-Class FAA Medical Certificate
- Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Permit (FCC)
- PIC - 5000 hours total time and 1000 hours PIC Part 121
- SIC - 2500 hours total time, 500 MEL, and 500 Jet or Turboprop
- PIC - Must be qualified as a PIC (14 CFR Part 121.436)
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Current U.S. Passport
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have an ID/Drivers license
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $94.00 p/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 419883107
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.