- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $15.00
- Job ID
Janitor job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job Summary: The Janitor performs custodial and basic maintenance duties in and around Everts Air facilities.
1. Must be able to lift 70 pounds, use cleaning compounds, climb ladders and stairs and use various equipment e.g. forklifts, floor scrubber, snow blower, lawn mower, etc. to accomplish tasks.
2. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as operating motor-driven cleaning equipment, mopping floors, moving furniture, washing walls and glass, and removing trash.
3. Supply and clean designated facilities including dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, floor polishing, upholstery cleaning, window cleaning, laundry, carpet shampooing, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning, etc.
4. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
5. Perform basic and/or routine maintenance tasks to repair equipment and maintain facilities e.g. painting, replacing damaged ceiling and floor tiles, patching walls, etc.
6. Perform routine grounds maintenance activities including clearing snow or debris from sidewalks and driveways and mowing and trimming lawns and shrubbery.
7. Identify and report safety hazards or possible repairs.
8. Conduct safety inspection of vehicles and equipment prior to use, to ensure proper working order.
9. Monitor facility security and perform lockdown procedures.
10. Perform related work as assigned.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Individual must be energetic, self-motivated and comfortable with frequent changes. Must be able to accomplish assigned tasks independently and in a timely manner.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
3. Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.