Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 121 Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $34.00
- Job ID
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Part 121 job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Mechanics will perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights. Mechanics will be familiar with and held accountable to the privileges, limitations, and recency of experience requirements listed in 14 CFR Part 65.81(a), 65.81(b), 65.83, 65.85, and 65.87.
Compensation Starting at $32/Hour + DOE
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 503726996
- Immediately inform supervisor of any discrepancies of unairworthy conditions found during performance of work assigned.
- Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance, pre-flights, and troubleshooting.
- Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including engine systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, landing gear systems, and structural components.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components by following drawings, engineering, or technical publications.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment. Test engine and system operations.
- Remove and install aircraft engines and propellers. Disassemble and inspect parts and engines for wear, warping, or other defects such as cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft, as qualified.
- Heat, deice, and refuel aircraft as required.
- Launch and recover company aircraft.
- Operate ground support equipment and perform minor maintenance, as necessary.
- Be available for on-call contract maintenance, as needed.
- Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s, using appropriate company forms. Sign out serviceable aircraft parts. Tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
- Be familiar with all Company Manuals and AD notes. Accomplish assigned duties in accordance with the policies and procedures therein. Periodically review Maintenance Bulletins and Memos.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods to replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Supervise mechanic helpers in the performance of those duties in which the A&P is qualified and back-sign as proof of supervision. Conduct and document OJT.
- Maintain currency in all required training.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and company procedures.
- Must have an adequate complement of sheet metal tools.
- Meets the recent experience requirements of 14 CFR 65.83 (i.e., six months experience in the last 24 months).
- Ability to consistently lift 70 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous Prior Part 121 maintenance experience
- 4 or more years of aircraft technician experience.
- 2 or more years of college.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.