Avionics Technician Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Perform maintenance on company aircraft for safe and reliable flights.
1. Troubleshoot and read wiring schematics.
2. Perform fuel calibrations.
3. Operate pitot-static testers.
4. Perform major and minor repairs or alterations to company aircraft including wiring systems, flight controls, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, and landing gear systems.
5. Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
6. Disassemble and inspect electrical components, such as cannon plugs and electrical wiring, for wear or other defects such as cracks and breaks, or pitot-static system leaks.
7. Perform heavy checks, service checks, line maintenance pre-flights and troubleshooting.
8. Modify aircraft electrical wiring systems, or components by following drawings, engineering, or technical publications.
9. Execute towing, taxiing and engine run-up of aircraft.
10. Service and maintain aircraft systems.
11. Test engine and system operations.
12. Launch and recover company aircraft.
13. Operate ground support equipment and performs minor maintenance as necessary.
14. Available for on-call contract maintenance as needed.
15. Document aircraft maintenance repairs and alterations IAW FAR’s using appropriate company forms.
16. Sign out serviceable aircraft parts and tag repairable parts removed from the aircraft engines or components.
17. Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine efficient methods of replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
18. Be familiar with all company manuals and AD notes. Periodically review maintenance bulletins.
19. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
20. Performa other duties as assigned.
1. Airframe and Powerplant Certificate and FCC GROL are strongly preferred.
2. Requires previous avionics experience and/or avionics training.
3. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
4. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
5. Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
6. Requires frequent lifting of weights of 70 lbs. or more.
7. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
8. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.