Flight Crew Scheduler Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Flight Crew Scheduler job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Under general supervision, performs activities associated with scheduling. As a crew scheduler you are responsible for scheduling pilots and flight attendants for the overall efficiency and utilization of crewmembers to maintain a successful operation. Efficiently and effectively schedule crewmembers for daily operations by complying with FAA and company regulations.
1. Keep track of crew times and ensure crewmembers are legal to fly. Review crew times report daily.
2. Perform all crew notifications of scheduled flights and changes and maintain notification log.
3. Prepare a crew plan on a weekly/daily basis. Send load planning the crew availability by noon the day prior. Each day send flight following the standby crew availability, with preference for use with the schedule.
4. Prepare and maintain a bid period calendar of flight training and checkrides.
5. Prepare and distribute flight crew bid lines, considering projected workload and processed PTO requests by scheduling.
6. Initiate emergency response procedures as required by the company Emergency Response Plan.
7. Provide excellent customer service, in all situations.
8. Prepare flight crew schedule considering PTO, flight training and checkrides.
9. Approve or deny trip trades.
10. Work to balance total crew hours nearing the end of the bid period for those crew members below guarantee.
11. Arrange, revise, cancel and communicate all flight crewmember travel arrangements and movements for scheduled flights, training, checkrides, etc. to include lodging and crew apartment use. Coordinate and notify all concerned parties. Create report of all reservations for accounting.
12. Generate month end crew use reports.
13. Process any updated lists.
14. Flexible for assignment at non-traditional hours, weekend, or holidays.
15. Ability to learn computer applications for crew scheduling.
16. Ability to resolve conflict without engaging in the conflict.
17. Understand 24-hour clock and UTC (Z) time.
18. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
1. School Diploma
2. Position requires 40 hours of training with successful completion of ground school.
3. Requires strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent telephone etiquette.
4. Must be computer savvy; be proficient in Word, Excel, email, PowerPoint etc.
5. High Passionate attention to detail.
6. Have strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Requires a great deal of coordination among
7. Must be flexible, willing to work various hours including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime.
8. Must be able to work effectively in a busy fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks at one time.
9. Must be diplomatic, exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback,
demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
10. Function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
11. Strong math background performs mathematical computations using decimals and hours and minutes and
converting from one to the other.
12. Have a good grasp of Alaska geography, know or be able to learn 3 letter airport codes.
13. Be a self-starter with initiative.
1. FAA Dispatch certificate or previous experience with large aircraft dispatch.
2. Pilot certificate with instrument rating or air traffic control background.
3. FCC Class III Radio Telephone License.
4. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, previous aviation experience, dispatcher certificate, possess knowledge of
appropriate FAR’s (Part 121, 125, 91) and be able to apply the requirements to the scheduling of Pilots and
Flight Attendants, able to demonstrate an understanding of Dispatch, Flight Control and Scheduling of
departmental standard operating procedures. Crew Planning, crew tracking, crew scheduling, SOC
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.