Ground Support Equipment Mechanic Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $22.00 - $25.00
- Job ID
Ground Support Equipment Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
To set up, adjust, and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment.
1. Repairs and maintains tractor trailer truck cabs and trailers, company automobiles, Ground Support Equipment, pick-up and delivery trucks.
2. Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown.
3. Complete DOT inspections and adjust equipment to standards set by state DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards.
4. Inspects, tests, and aligns truck and car lights and wheels and maintains electrical systems and controls.
5. Balances wheels to minimize wear on tires and rotates wheels at prescribed mileage intervals.
6. Tunes up engine to maintain combustion control standards.
7. Disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts. Fits and adjusts new or repaired parts.
8. If Licensed, Test drives repaired equipment.
9. Uses hoist wrenches, gauges, drills or grinders, or other specialized auto mechanic tools and equipment.
10. Fuels, oils, and greases motor vehicles; changes filters.
11. Tank Farm Operations to include preventive maintenance, repairs, loading and unloading fuel.
12. Repair and maintains fuel transfer equipment.
13. Bulk and wing fueling on aircraft.
14. Hauling equipment and merchandise as needed.
15. Support other maintenance departments as needed.
16. Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and shop area.
17. Notifies supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
18. Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
2. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
3. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
4. Requires manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies.
5. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
6. High school diploma or equivalent.
7. Minimum 2 years’ experience.
8. Certification by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
9. Must have own tools.
10. Must be able to pass preemployment drug screen.
11. Must pass background check.
12. Willingness to accept night and weekend callouts in emergencies.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.