Building Maintenance Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Building Maintenance job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Performs unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment, and minor construction work in the basic trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet College standards. Assists more skilled staff in the completion of larger and more complex assignments. Duties may fall into a variety of trades areas, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, fire and life safety and locks
- Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment.
- Tests, inspects, and troubleshoots facilities or equipment issues.
- Installs and repairs piping assemblies relating to air, water, and drains.
- Installs and repairs to all facilities plumbing fixtures. May work as a plumber in assembling, installing, and repairing pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water, and sewer systems, and in opening clogged drains.
- Performs wall repairs and paint applications in a professional manner.
- Uses line drawing diagrams and work specifications to ensure accuracy and conformance to metrics and/or work orders, to include validation of work performed by contract personnel. Interfaces with internal customers, vendors, in support of facility initiatives, work requests, or other duties as assigned in a professional and team-oriented manner.
- Coordinates multiple projects (such as moving, roof repair & maintenance) with efficiency and proficiency in meeting timelines and schedules.
- Acts as a carpenter in the alteration, repair, and maintenance of buildings, floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, screens, scaffolding forms, wood fixtures, and furniture.
- May operate hand saw, planer, joiner, shaper, table saw, wood lathe, drill press, sanding machine, router, and electric drill.
- Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and uses all tools carefully and as instructed.
- Performs repairs to building fixtures, removes broken glass, and replaces it with new panes, cleans electrical fixtures and replaces bulbs, and performs touch-up painting.
- Estimates material requirements and tools or equipment needed to perform job.
- Sets up and operates wood working tools to cut, form, and finish material for the job.
- Erects or dismantles structures; repairs or refinishes walls or structures.
- Erects or dismantles roofing or siding.
- Prepares irregular scaffolding if required.
- Responsibilities may include work involving maintenance skills to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or structure of an establishment in repair.
- Responsibilities may include planning and lying out of work relating to repairs, repairing electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Assists in checking facility for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
- Check vehicles and equipment before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following supervisor’s instructions.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, construction, and air conditioning equipment.
- Ability to read and write and to follow detailed written instructions.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
- Requires a highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated person that is comfortable with frequent changes.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.