AP Flight Mechanic
- Laredo, Texas
- Annual Salary $80,000.00
- Job ID
AP Flight Mechanic job at Everts Air Cargo in Laredo TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Act as the primary mechanic for assigned aircraft while in the air and on the ground. As a Flight Mechanic you will travel with the aircraft on charters and scheduled trips. Oversee and perform all daily aircraft maintenance responsibilities as directed, receive incoming aircraft, screen Flight Logs for entries and implement corrective actions as required. Review and report items under Mechanical Reliability Report procedures. Review DMI log and effect corrective action on all discrepancies as required by FARs, and as parts and time permit.
Compensation Starting at $80,000 annually
Requisition ID 453410179
- Ensure the continued airworthiness of company aircraft at all times in accordance with the FARs and provisions of company maintenance manuals. Identify and examine any condition affecting airworthiness. Report the situation to Flight Mechanic Supervisor, Flight Control, and Maintenance Control; then correct prior to next flight. Coordinate with Flight Mechanic Supervisor, Assistant Director of Maintenance, Maintenance Control, and Flight Control as necessary. At all times, protect the best interest of the company and its property.
- Perform maintenance and inspections on company aircraft. Ensure proper references, maintenance manuals, forms, and records are in use, in accordance with all FARs, and processed appropriately. Supervise and direct non-certificated mechanics.
- Ensure all precision tools, measuring devices, and test equipment have been calibrated before use and do not exceed calibration due time.
- Three weeks (21 days) on followed by one week (7 days) off
- Additional pay provided at your hourly rate if you choose to work on your week off
- This is a Laredo based position housing is not provided
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant License
- Valid United States Passport
- 3 years proven line maintenance experience (DC-9/MD-80 aircraft or similar type aircraft is preferred)
- The ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance
- A willingness to conduct activities in accordance with company practices and supporting goals
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance
- Manual dexterity to assemble and dissemble intricate assemblies
- Effective time management skills
- The ability to work independently and be responsible for complex assignments
- Excellent writing, communication, and information retention skills
- The ability to work in extreme weather conditions
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.