Aircraft Maintenance Instructor Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Directly responsible for ensuring all aspects of departmental training comply with 14 CFR Part 121. Will possess a strong educational background with emphasis in aerospace training, training administration management and training development. Will have thorough knowledge of all FAA training related regulations and industry standards in order to procure, design and administer EAC’s required training programs. Will serve as an internally recognized specialist in the learning and development environment while measuring and evaluating programs to ensure consistency and quality of the content, design, deployment, branding, and business impact.
1. Has the responsibility for the quality of and has the authority to establish and modify policies, procedures, instructions and information for the Everts Air Cargo Maintenance and Inspection Training Programs (excluding Required Inspection Item (RII) training) and the EAC Maintenance and Inspection training manual.
2. Monitor and conduct maintenance training classes to assure FAA & DOD compliance with engine run and taxi (classroom), inspector, RII, Security, airworthiness release and RVSM.
3. Monitor and conduct training related to requirements stated in the EAC Maintenance and Inspection Training Manual. This includes initial and recurrent training in these areas:
a. Aircraft deice/anti-ice
b. Oxygen Service
c. Ground heaters
d. Inspector & RII
e. Engine Run-up & Taxi
f. Airworthiness Release
g. RVSM maintenance and awareness
h. Aircraft towing
i. Aircraft marshalling
j. Ability to develop, document, and implement OJT training programs for all stations.
4. Issues a monthly report of certifications to all departments at EAC, EAA and EAF. The report shows current qualified employees and recurrent training due dates.
5. Participates in annual maintenance training at faasafety.gov.
6. Assists the Director of Maintenance to establish and modify Maintenance Department training policies, procedures, instructions, and information as necessary to ensure FAA compliance.
7. Assists the Chief Inspector to establish, manage and modify Inspection Department training policies, procedures, instructions, and information as necessary to ensure FAA compliance.
8. Procure, design, and administer training programs for mechanics, inspectors and other maintenance and inspection personnel in accordance with all applicable FAR’s, FAA, and industry standards to ensure safety and proficiency.
9. Maintain up to date changes of policies, procedures, instructions, and information as necessary into the training programs according to company manuals and FAA compliance.
10. Incorporate all changes in maintenance and inspection policies and procedures into the training program as necessary to ensure FAA compliance.
11. Maintains training records for all maintenance, inspection, GSE and outstation personnel.
12. Incorporate additions or modifications to training modules in response to any identified discrepancies generated by CAS, IEP, FAA, DOD.
13. Act as a liaison with outside agencies for the planning, scheduling, and organization of training events.
14. Identifies long/short range training goals and proposes training and development programs to achieve those goals.
15. Reviews training design, training plans, curriculum design, exercises and activities and initiates change to ensure that training programs are accurate, comprehensive, and current to achieve company goals and comply with applicable regulatory programs. (FAA, DOT, OSHA)
16. Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
17. Expert facilitation skills in a group setting and virtual environment. Ability to dynamically engage, train, and coach employees and various audiences at all levels.
18. Provides expertise in planning and facilitation of organizational development initiatives.
19. Consults with department leaders to plan, develop, implement, and administer performance development and talent development programs that achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
20. Monitor regulatory requirements for employee training and competence to ensure that all requirements are met, tracked, and documented as needed.
21. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
22. Promote the mission, vision, and values that the Company has developed, and ensure adherence to the Everts leadership manual and employee handbook.
23. Any additional duties as assigned.
1. Required to hold a current and valid Airman Certificate with Airframe and Power plant rating.
2. Must have a background in FAR’s Part 121 or 135 aircraft maintenance and inspection, with an understanding of aviation safety and safe operations practice.
3. Strong Educational background and experience in managing and developing programs and providing instruction.
4. Experience with computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
5. Organizational and record keeping with an attention to detail.
6. Effective communication skills.
7. Excellent computer skills and analytical abilities. Superior written and verbal communication skills. Creative and innovative with approach and ideas while being flexible and adaptable to a changing and fast paced environment.
8. Expertise in learning management systems as well as providing online/virtual learning.
9. Strong planning and organizational skills related to scheduling and tracking course completion.
10. Facilitation and presentation skills: Strong experience and comfort level delivering trainings and presentations.
11. Communication/Teamwork: A proven ability to effectively work with subject matter experts and translate complex information on a variety of topics into effective learning tools.
1. Valid Driver’s license
2. Airframe and/or Power Plant License
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.