Accounts Payable Clerk Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Accounts Payable Clerk job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, or computers. Make decisions regarding vendor accounts and/or coordinate with the Accounting Manager to reach appropriate decision for vendors.
Employment TypeFull-Time (Not available for remote work.)
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 470214869
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
- Code and post documents according to company procedures.
- Match order forms and packing slips with invoices and record the necessary information.
- Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Monitor status of loans and accounts to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Compile financial reports and tables pertaining to such matters as expenditures and accounts payable.
- Calculate and prepare checks for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Perform financial calculations such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Research and prepare Forms 1099 for end of year processing.
- Compile copies of all invoices coded to asset accounts for Controller, Accounting Manager and Accountants.
Required/Preferred Experience, Education & Skills
- Requires the knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, and mathematic applications as they pertain to accounting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of supervisory and financial functions.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of financial functions.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Paid Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Accounts Payable Clerk Fairbanks AK
Aircraft Mechanic Part 125 Fairbanks AK
Assistant Director of Operations Fairbanks AK
Building Maintenance Supervisor Fairbanks AK
Aircraft Maintenance Inspector Fairbanks AK
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Job Feed
- News Feed