Cargo Loadplanner Urgent
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00 - $21.00
- Job ID
Cargo Loadplanner job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Load Planners will select all cargo/mail for Everts Air Cargo flights. The aircraft load planner will be responsible for the weight and balance of cargo aircraft and the compatibility of hazardous material shipments on each flight. Load Planners will communicate with Flight Following and Line Facilities regarding mail and freight loads and will assemble all paperwork for final aircraft package. This position has a secondary responsibility as Loadmaster when not immediately engaged in Load Planning duties.
1. Select cargo/mail for flights based on destination, priority, date received.
2. Assemble mail/cargo documentation for aircraft flight package.
3. Perform weight/balance/shoring calculations, prepare load pull sheets.
4. Maintain documentation of cargo/mail, provide oversight of high priority/precious cargo.
5. Communicate proper flight notifications and aircraft payload information with Flight
Following, Maintenance, Cargo and Line Facility Agents.
6. Perform Aircraft Scheduling duties in absence of Primary Scheduler.
7. Perform cargo customer service functions as needed.
8. Attention to detail, ability to ensure 99% accuracy in all data entry.
9. Develop load planning training program.
10. Conduct freight and mail audits as required.
Loadmaster Essential Functions:
1. Consolidate and label freight and mail for each flight. Physically locate all outbound freight using the Takeflight manifest as a reference. Consolidate freight and mail by type. Properly label freight and mail. Use efficient consolidation techniques for mixed pallets.
2. Complete accurate and detailed Load Schedules for specific aircraft and deliver all Cargo related paperwork to Load Planning within 2 hours of flight departure.
3. Ensure proper aircraft preparation. Ensure that a Cargo Agent has cleaned out the aircraft and prepared the straps or net for load commencement. Ensure that all freight and mail is staged by aircraft. Ensure that the aircraft has the complete inventory of load assisting equipment.
4. Oversee loading and unloading of aircraft. Provide leadership as the aircraft is being loaded and/or unloaded and ensure that its being completed in safe and efficient manner. Verify that the flight crew has easy access from cockpit to the rear of the aircraft following the completion of the load. Ensure that the load is properly secured and the doors and windows are all closed. Upon finishing the load, ensure post-load duties are complete.
5. Communicate with other departments and Management. Communicate with the Maintenance Department regarding aircraft readiness and positioning. Communicate with the Flight Crew regarding any special load considerations or daily loading/unloading requirements. Communicate with Management regarding safety or security concerns, load discrepancies, or interdepartmental problems that may have arisen during the load operation. File all appropriate Cargo-related paperwork including Weight and Space Worksheets, Loadmaster Checklist, and a copy of the Load Schedule.
6. Act as Ground Security Coordinator. Observe and report suspicious activity and/or freight. Physically inspect the different compartments of the aircraft (i.e. bellies, top deck, etc.) to ensure that the plane is “secured”. Challenge unauthorized individuals. GSC Person- to -Person “Handoff”.
1. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
3. Knowledge of technology used for training purposes or possess an interest in learning the technological methods used in training.
4. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
6. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
7. Requires standing on hard surfaces, floors, ladders, and work stands for extended periods of time.
8. Hazardous Materials Certified
9. Air Load Planning Qualified
Everts Air Cargo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission compliant (EEOC) employer.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.