Sales and Marketing Manager Featured
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Annual Salary $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Job ID
Sales and Marketing Manager job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Develop, plan, and implement sales and marketing strategies to achieve corporate growth and organizational objectives. Work collaboratively with cargo, customer service and other departments to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation, as well as, the profitability of the company. Responsible for managing the sales team and maximizing sales opportunities to meet overall company objectives, ensuring a positive team environment through strong leadership.
1. Maintain a motivated and productive team through the performance of human resource functions including recruitment, hiring, training, coaching, counseling, performance monitoring, reviews and disciplinary action.
2. Achieve sales objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, and tracking and analyzing sales metrics, in order to expand Everts Air’s customer base and ensure a strong presence in the communities it serves.
3. Responsible for continuous review and improvement of processes, procedures and department documents.
4. Ensure accountability for the correct and accurate completion of sales tracking and reporting, including the comprehensive use of the CRM.
5. Retain existing accounts and establish new business relationships by identifying and making regular sales calls in the Alaska freight community, including corporate, local, state, federal, and military organizations.
6. Conduct business development calls and/or visits to existing and prospective Everts Air clients.
7. Actively manage relationships with key shipper, industry and trade partners.
8. Build strong cross functional working relationships with customer service, cargo, and traffic to maximize sales potential and ensure service delivery commitments are achieved.
9. Develop and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with Everts Air Cargo management, department personnel, agent stations and primary vendors.
10. Attend and participate in trade shows, conferences, and meeting conventions to develop business relationships and leads, while maintaining brand integrity and maximizing return on investment.
11. Observe and report on the competitive marketplace, promotions, offerings, competitive rates, etc. and propose strategies to maintain business momentum and improve the company’s position.
12. Develop and implement future planning goals and objectives in the areas of sales promotions, marketing and advertising, and public relations, that are achievable and realistic, and that complement the company’s current growth strategy.
13. Perform sales job tasks in such a manner that Everts Air maximizes profitability while focusing on cost conscious issues such as productivity, travel, and office supplies and equipment.
14. Assist with Sales and Marketing activities for Everts Air subsidiaries, as required.
15. Support and participate in an organizational culture in which a passion for continuous improvement is innate.
16. Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and in writing.
2. BA degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent work experience plus an additional 2 years sales experience and prior work experience in transportation industry or equivalent
3. Must have good computer skills with spreadsheet and word processing application capability.
4. Requires travel; occasional irregular hours, weekends and overtime hours.
5. Must be proactive, resilient and highly adaptable with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
6. Strong interpersonal communication, coordination, analytical and multi-tasking skills
7. Meticulous, process and service oriented with strong time management skills and the ability to deliver within tight deadlines
8. Strong team player who is also able to work independently
9. Must have the strong ability to negotiate and problem solve effectively
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.