Airworthiness Directive Compliance Specialist Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Airworthiness Directive Compliance Specialist job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. We are headquartered in Fairbanks, AK which serves as the primary base for heavy maintenance, administration and charter operations. Scheduled flights and line maintenance are primarily operated out of Anchorage, AK. We also perform international cargo operations out of Laredo, Texas.
Everts Air Cargo specializes in serving the unique needs of our customers who reside in the larger Alaskan cities as well as the small villages. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 13 major hubs in Alaska. For customers in more remote locations, we will fly to any city or village where suitable runway conditions exist in Alaska. Similarly, our MD-80s based in Laredo, provide On Demand Charter services to Canada, Mexico, Central America, and more. These operations also require an A&P mechanic to fly along with the aircraft.
The company’s aircraft include the vintage C-46 and DC-6 aircraft, which are especially well-suited to the many unimproved gravel and ice runways in Alaska. The Everts Air Cargo fleet consists of one C-46, four DC-6, one EMB-120 freighter and six MD-80 aircraft.
- Provide strong technical knowledge and analytical skills associated with aircraft conformity inspections, airworthiness directives, and regulatory requirements
- Monitor new and recurring FAA Airworthiness Directives (AD’s) and manufacture’s service bulletins, interpret, and disseminate technical data for proper corrective actions
- Assist aircraft mechanics in the interpretation of technical data and regulatory compliance
- Develop internal audits based on the various procedures within the department and ensure they are performed on schedule
- Assist in managing the Aircraft Status Report to reflect changes stemming from ADs and Service Bulletins.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Occasional travel to rural Alaska
- Contribute to the safety culture of the company and report any safety hazards
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification (3 years) or work experience in an aviation maintenance department (3 years). A combination of work experience and education will be considered
- Knowledge of 14 CFR regulations for Part 121 and Part 135
- Knowledge of aircraft records, AAIP’s, MEL’s, ADs, and service bulletins
- Ability to lift 70 pounds or more
- Ability to stand on hard surfaces, floors, and ladders for extended periods of time
- Prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license
- USA work authorization
- Attention to detail, punctuality, reliable, team player, etc.
- Excellent mathematical skills
- MD-80 / DC-9 experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office
Full benefits including Paid Time-Off, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, EAP, and 401k with company match.
---- We also offer flight benefits ----
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable, federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.