Parts Expeditor Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $12.00 - $14.00
- Job ID
Parts Expeditor job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Provide support to the organization in a variety of ways to include; Expediting parts, and products, driving a shuttle van, purchasing and delivering various items for department staff, participating in janitorial activities, and light snow removal, supporting administrative staff with project completion.
1. Expedite trips to local vendors to pickup purchases or deliver merchandise.
(EAC, GSE, EAF, EAA, AGO).
2. Schedule, Communicate, and Log all pickups, deliveries, project tasks.
3. Maintain phone contact availability while on runs and completing projects.
4. Clean Expeditor vehicle daily to maintain a professional presentation at all times.
5. Provide shuttle transport as needed for EAA Passengers as well as traveling staff.
6. Support the Company wide Vehicle Use Program by assisting with functions; fueling vehicles, cleaning vehicles, relocating vehicles.
7. Assist Parts Department as needed (e.g. maintain stockroom floor area, process ANC parts order daily, stock serviceable parts from receiving inspection area).
8. Provide light janitorial support as needed (e.g. empty office refuse, vacuum EAA Hallway, wipe off surface areas in parts room, snow removal at loading dock).
9. Assist Administrative staff with office tasks as necessary to ensure smooth operations (e.g. assist with Ground School room set up and preparations.
10. Represent Everts in a professional, courteous manner that says to our customers, vendors, internal and external employees that you appreciate them.
11. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors
The Physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
1. Ability to reach horizontally and vertically with arms. Sufficient dexterity to manipulate small objects and print or write legibly.
2. Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push, or pull objects which may frequently exceed 70 pounds in a series of functional tests which clearly simulates the work environment.
Page 2 of 2
3. Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time.
5. Shall perceive the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and the ability to maintain current and updated information.
3. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database.
4. Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone, data entry, and data retrieval.
5. Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
6. Must be an experienced summer and winter driver with the ability to safely drive a truck (automatic and manual).
7. Will wear company provided Everts shirts, self-provided khaki pants, and appropriate warehouse/outdoor safety shoes.
1. Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
2. Must possess and wear appropriate cold weather gear to respond to vehicle challenges during extreme conditions.
This job description in no way states
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.