Purchasing Director Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Purchasing Director job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Purchasing Director leads the development and management of the company’s strategic sourcing strategy for materials, parts, and services, including operational services. This individual drives efficiency and effectiveness and mitigates Everts Air’s risk in third party relationships associated with purchases. This individual plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of purchasing staff who require materials, products, and services. The Purchasing Director prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment, monitors and gains approval for complex higher dollar purchases and contracts, and ensures that competitive pricing and negotiations are conducted in accordance with best practices and corporate guidelines.
1. Develop sourcing strategies with business leaders for specific item categories using focused industry analysis, business knowledge, competitive analysis, and sourcing expertise.
2. Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies and actions related to purchasing.
3. Develop and execute strategies such as lead time reduction, supplier rationalization, material cost reduction, improved payment terms, spend concentration analysis, internal spend analysis, potential savings, and/or urgency of business need.
4. Establish project plans to ensure that contractual work is completed on schedule, within scope, and aligned with company strategies. Assist with contractor grievance resolution.
5. Engage in the negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers resulting in an implementation strategy, cost model, and a documented agreement to include product availability and terms of sales. Resolve vendor issues as required.
6. Develop and update specifications for equipment, products and/or substitute materials purchased by EAC.
7. Ensure that all parts come from certified repair stations and approved suppliers.
8. Ensure compliance with internal and external polices and regulations including adherence to regulatory and other contractual requirements such as DOD.
9. Provide management reports alerting management to areas of concern.
10. Direct, monitor and report on procurement projects.
11. Ensure adherence to approved Maintenance Provider List.
12. Create and foster a collaborative team environment and communicate effectively with suppliers, internal customers, peers, and senior management.
13. Identify and implement improvements to supply chain using research, supplier relationships, industry knowledge, and best practices (i.e. cost savings, new technologies and innovations and operating efficiencies).
14. Establish and maintain strict inventory control measures such that all inventories comply with company standards.
15. Train and mentor purchasing staff to ensure consistent practices are in place and consistently followed.
16. Streamline buyer’s workflow to better utilize time and skills.
17. Assess purchasing staff competencies and skill gaps. Create a plan to bridge individual and departmental skill gaps.
18. Provide direction and assistance to other departments regarding Purchasing.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Materials, Business, or related field. 3-5 years of Leadership Experience in Purchasing.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office. CPIM or CSCM Preferred
3. Requires the ability to coordinate with a variety of Management personnel. and must be self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
4. Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
5. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision making process.
6. Solid understanding of cost accounting, cash flow and inventory turns.
7. Must be self-motivated, organized, and comfortable with frequent change.
8. Knowledge of inventory management concepts and Management of Material Resources-Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
9. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
10. Understanding of overall materials flow and other function linked to the Supply Chain.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.