General Laborer Urgent
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00
- Job ID
General Laborer job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Work around company facilities, yards, and storage areas maintaining the landscaping and cleanliness of the properties. Assist the Facilities Services Staff as directed in maintenance, janitorial, and organizational efforts.
1. Perform cleaning duties, such as operating motor-driven cleaning equipment, mopping floors, washing walls and glass, and removing trash.
2. Keep buildings in a clean and orderly condition, including bathroom cleaning, carpet shampooing, dusting, floor polishing, upholstery cleaning and window cleaning.
a. Main TOL Building
b. South Hangar
c. Cargo Building
d. EAF North Hangar
e. EAF GSE Facilities
3. Responsibilities may also include work involving maintenance skills to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or structure of an establishment in repair.
4. May perform routine facility maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs and additions, cleaning snow or debris from sidewalks.
5. Assists in checking facility for safety hazards and reports any deficiency.
6. Check vehicles before driving them to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
7. Maintain and complete detailed tasks checklist as needed.
8. Maintain landscaping on all company properties. (Mowing, trimming, brush removal, etc.)
9. Removal of litter, refuse, and debris from all parking lots and landscaping.
10. Empty all exterior trash receptacles and replace liners as needed.
11. Empty all cigarette disposal receptacles as needed.
12. Keep sidewalks and entryways clear of dirt, gravel, and debris. (Summer)
13. Keep sidewalks and entryways clear of snow, ice, and debris. (Winter)
14. Keep gutters, drains, vents, and spillways clear of debris, clutter, ice, and any other blockages.
15. Keep all roofs and overhangs clear of snow, ice, and debris.
16. Conduct preventive maintenance and minor repairs on tools and equipment as needed.
17. Operate machinery and equipment such as lifts, loaders, compactors, etc.… as directed.
18. Assist Facilities Services Staff as general labor when assigned.
19. Expedite trips to local vendors to pick up purchases as directed.
20. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
1. Requires the ability to work in and dress appropriately for extreme weather conditions.
1. Valid Driver’s license
1. Knowledge of landscaping maintenance and the operation of associated tools and equipment.
2. Ability to operate a chain saw, lawn mower, weed eater, snow blower.
3. Requires the ability to understand and retain information provided verbally and written.
4. Requires knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.